Issue with BSNL FTTH Goa

ISP
BSNL FTTH
I have been using BSNL fiber for a considerable time i.e. almost two years. Initially for some months it worked very well. I finally thought BSNL would be good since it was outsourced to private contractor. The contractor, in my case, assured me that any issue would be attended promptly. But then issue started.
Internet was almost always down for whole of April last year and subsequent months were also same. I wouldn't lay exact blame on them because road work was going and cables were frequently being cut. I tried for rebate but in typical BSNL fashion, my mails were ignored. Internet was okay after that with some downtime in between but frequent speed drop.
This May issue has started again. My internet went down on Saturday so I reached out to contractor. After multiple calls and messages I was finally told that they don't work on Sundays. Their working hours are 9 to 6. Funny thing is that they gave me internet connection on a Sunday and had assured prompt response if there was any problem.
Anyone has had a similar experience with BSNL fiber internet contractor? Anyone knows how contractors are paid by BSNL. This is to understand what is the reason for their behaviour. Is BSNL not paying them or they simply don't care because of increase connections.

Suggest you to disconnect BSNL and go with any other private provider of you have the option for it.

The problem is that BSNL is giving contracts to people who have no acumen for this line of work. They are running BSNL like some road side tea shop. I personally had to correct them a few times although I am not a network expert.

My best advise to you is to never give up but report directly to bsnl and send messages on bsnl twitter about your issue.

Last edited:
@itachi I think BSNL twitter is not very useful. I had previously tried using twitter but they are not very responsive. Which handle do you complain to ? BSNL corporate ?

Yes BSNL corporate is the main one. They reply and work on complaints. It may take many days but they'll definitely reply what's the reason.

I am also in Goa, in Mapusa. Have had excellent speeds from BSNL ftth since 2019, of course there are the occasional drops, if a line gets cut, etc, but my private franchisee responds pretty fast. I'm getting around 100 Mbps on LAN, though I'm on a 150 Mbps plan, but that's enough for our family's 2 TVs and 5-6 other devices.
I would say we would average slowdown in speeds perhaps a couple of hours every month or so, and total drops again about once a month for a few hours. I have Ethernet Xpress at another location and there's no comparison in speed and data allowance, BSNL is by far superior.

I use twitter to BSNL corporate with copy to Goa BSNL for any complaints, and I find that I get quick response. I have even complained on behalf of relatives who don't have twitter.

Around 100mbps on lan for 150mbps plan?

That is not good enough. You should take this up and fix it.

I would switch my isp if that were the case.

100Mbps? Are you sure that there isn't a link speed bottleneck?

I have a gigabit switch in between, and very good ethernet cabling. A year back, when I had another 200 Mbps plan, I measured a maximum of 130 Mbps. Local BSNL guys are telling me to live with it!
TBH it makes no practical difference to me, but it just would be nice to have speeds as advertised!

I use twitter to BSNL corporate with copy to Goa BSNL for any complaints, and I find that I get quick response. I have even complained on behalf of relatives who don't have twitter.
I think that is probably due to you being in city. My private franchise has very bad service and they don't care, Instead Ethernet Express is pretty reliable as per my friend who uses both. I would rather have reliable internet instead of unreliable superfast, economical internet considering I do WFH most of time.
How do you copy to Goa BSNL your complaints ?

Last edited: