Isps To Provide 2mbps For Existing Price

• Thread starter Thread starter pravs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,165
I think international "bandwidth" comes in the form of "Data Transferred" which is erroneously called "Bandwidth". 22 TB data transfer will come to insane costs.The published news report says the govt has told the ISPs to provide 2 mbps speeds. That means the criminal ISPs can very well provide us very high speeds at the present prices but have been pricing them at 40 times more!

^criminal ISPs :lol:

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Jan 8 2007, 05:54 PM) [snapback]73884[/snapback]
oh people download insane amount of stuff. those people are the people who are seeders on all the big networks.[/b]
erm...they have capped the upload to 256Kbps, right? So it shouldn't be that big a deal. Seeders are only concerned about uploads.

QUOTE(inetbum @ Jan 9 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]74161[/snapback]
I think international "bandwidth" comes in the form of "Data Transferred" which is erroneously called "Bandwidth". 22 TB data transfer will come to insane costs.[/b]

They are charged by speed and not volume. So if they connect to some ISP's backbone at 100Mbps, they're charged a particular amount irrespective of the data transfer that line sees...

Why don't indian companies make thing like Pipe network similar to Oz where bandwidth thru pipe is not charged by isp. And is most probably used for p2p purpose thus saving whole lot of int bandwidth.

they cannot even give us local newsgroup servers. forget this...

news:;had a talk with my able operator.pacenet and sify gonna come with new plans by end of nect month.