Is your current mobile plan better than the offerings from Reliance Jio for your usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 31,982

Do you plan to migrate your primary number to Reliance Jio?

• Total voters
No one seems to have the unlimited calling like in Jio's 149 plan. 2GB data is a bonus. I'd rather have it as my secondary number until they fix the speed issues in Chennai.

need your advice...............
यदि आप पहले ही जियो के यूजर हैं तो आप 99 रुपये में अगले एक साल के लिए जियो प्राइम मेंबरशिप ले सकते हैं। जियो प्राइम मेंबर्स को 149 रुपये के प्लान में 28 दिनों के लिए 2जीबी डेटा और अनिलिमिटेड कॉलिंग की सुविधा मिलेगी। इसके अलावा नॉन-प्राइम मेंबर्स को इसी रेट पर 1जीबी डेटा मिलेगा। वहीं, 303 रुपये के प्लान में प्राइम मेंबर्स को 28जीबी डेटा और अनलिमिटेड कॉलिंग की सुविधा होगी। 4जी डेटा खत्म होने के बाद यूजर्स को प्रतिदिन 128kbps स्पीड के साथ प्रतिदिन 1जीबी डेटा मिलेगा। नॉन-प्राइम मेंबर्स को इस स्कीम के तहत 2.5 जीबी डेटा मिलेगा। 499 रुपये के प्लान में प्राइम मेंबर्स को अनलिमिटेड कॉलिंग और 56 जीबी डेटा मिलेगा। 4जी डेटा खत्म होने के बाद उन्हें 128 kbps स्पीड पर प्रतिदिन 2जीबी डेटा मिलेगा। इस प्लान में नॉन-प्राइम मेंबर्स को 5जीबी डेटा ही मिलेगा।

"303 रुपये के प्लान में प्राइम मेंबर्स को 28जीबी डेटा और अनलिमिटेड कॉलिंग की सुविधा होगी। 4जी डेटा खत्म होने के बाद यूजर्स को प्रतिदिन 128kbps स्पीड के साथ प्रतिदिन 1जीबी डेटा मिलेगा।".............क्या इसका यह मतलब है कि प्रतिदिन 1 जीबी डेटा की स्पीड 128kbps होगी?

1GB at full 4G speed after that 128kbps unlimited for that day.

I have opted for Airtel Infinity 649 plan (was earlier on 599 discounted plan). Unlimited calls and roaming plus six GB data. That is more than enough for me because even if I go crazy I won't consume more than 2-3 GB data in a month. I have Spectranet 100mbps unlimited at home so mobile data is only for when I am outside. Airtel clocks a good 14-15mbps where I live, Jio around 3-4 mbps with occasional bursts in between. Needless to say airtel has a fantastic customer support network while my ticket for Jio which I had raised in January is still open. The only reason I still have Jio is because of Jio TV.

PS: And I also got a 300 Rs discount on my rental for six months from Airtel. And a top up of 10GB for three months.

^ Don't forget to renew the ₹300 discount after three months. You can do it as long as you want unless TRAI bans retention offers.

I am paying 799 a month for unlimited calls and 6GB data, only because I ported from prepaid to postpaid and so I can't port out for 90 days. I even called Airtel and told them people are getting the same benefits in 499 but they refused. Ill port to Vodafone as soon as the 90 days are over.

^ Don't forget to renew the ₹300 discount after three months. You can do it as long as you want unless TRAI bans retention offers.
Three or six? (Asking seriously)

Why trai bans? Are they planning?

@Adidam It depends upon what they offer. Might be three or six or lifetime if you're old customer but yes you can reactivate again if it's a limited time waiver.

Why trai bans? Are they planning?

It's just the hue and cry from Jio on retention offers. So far TRAI's decisions have favored Jio so who knows 😀

@manojrk If mine is expiring soon. What's the procedure to re-activate the retention offers?

Secondly, What do you think if TRAI bars the retention offers?

@Adidam Call 121 and ask them to transfer you to retention dept.

I don't think TRAI will outright ban the retention offers. It is here to stay since that's how these companies are able to keep customers from porting out.

@manojrk Rightly said. Retention won't face out.

Secondly, Whenever I ask them. They say that we cannot directly transfer you to the retention dpt. What to do?