is Worldspace worth for cost ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ganesh_dth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 9,096
Status
Not open for further replies.
its worth it only if you music taste is not satisfied by the FM Channels we have in india.

well worldspace was excellent some 7 years ago, when everything was free and it was launched in India. from last few years the package and pricing has been increasing only, the quality of receivers when it was launched was excellent, the quality now is pathetic,why pay to hear radio channels now, when you have so many FM stations playing 24x7 free music :dance:

Hi,

It's true. I remember I bought my worldspace receiver two years back. I didn't even bother to renew the subscription mainly due to the popularity of FM channels. Some of the channels aren't available in FM, though. I still feel there is a huge market for worldspace.

-- Pothi.

No, it's not. I had it way back too when it launched but then they shifted everything worthwhile to a pay model. If FM isn't enough, I'd rather invest in a better Internet connection and get some decent streaming music. Also WS kept looping the same old songs, some of them for YEARS! I'm not kidding!

No, it's not. I had it way back too when it launched but then they shifted everything worthwhile to a pay model. If FM isn't enough, I'd rather invest in a better Internet connection and get some decent streaming music. Also WS kept looping the same old songs, some of them for YEARS! I'm not kidding!

Yea, if you have a good setup, with broadband, u can always listen to good online internet radio's that stream high quality music, u can switch channels and you have hundreds of channels to listen to 😗

Yes It is worth. If you are a pure music lover (whatever be the genre - 40 channels to meet all taste) you will not mind paying Rs.150 per month. If you are a NRI you can gift it to your parents in India and they will have a peaceful living with AOL, SGH and Moksha.Never compare the Advt. ridden and useless talkative FM Channel withWorld space. I agree broadband connection and online radio will do good but they are little technical gadgets compared to World space. So far I have gifted more than 5 world space to my relatives spread across india where they cannot receive any FM channel of mylanguage (Tamil). Further Worldspace covers almost all Indian languages so it can satisfy any Indian language speaking people.I personally switch on the worldspace which is near my bedside to Moksha channel or Art of Living channel and switch off only in the morning when I start for office. Whole night soothing music will definitely give a energetic day.

Status
Not open for further replies.