Is touchtel also Airtel?

Ryan

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 6, 2004
Gurgaon
Well I am moving to a new place in delhi, unfortunately sify seems to be the only option. Which I never ever want to choose, they suck as broadband company and stuff. Anyway, the place where I'm moving to, they have a touchtel landline connection, phone connection that is. So my question is, since touchtel converted to Airtel, do you think they will provide broadband services in that area? I called up their support helpline and they were not sure if they covered that area. If they don't cover that area, could it be possible to get just an individual connection? :)

Ryan

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 6, 2004
Gurgaon
Well true, but I thought touchtel doesn't exist anymore. I'm going to call up their tech support once again and find out, because my dad told me that they only give dial up service.

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
ok, let me put it this way...Touchtel was the name of the "landline" section of Airtel...it was always a part of Airtel only...it's just that they've made it a single entity now...hope it clears ur doubts :)

GAURAV7777

Regular
Regulars
Dec 15, 2004
yup ryan coolbuddy is righttouchtel was a brand name with which bharti initially launched their landlinebut now they have change the name to airtel

Ryan

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 6, 2004
Gurgaon
Well I confirmed it with a airtel rep guy, he said Airtel does offer their services under touchtel. So I guess it's available. :).

Supreme

Regulars
Jan 27, 2005
Even i asked an airtel cce some time back whether they provide their services in my area and she said not yet, whereas touchtel phonelines have been in my place a long time back

Ryan

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 6, 2004
Gurgaon
So it's a possibility that airtel won't be available. shoot. bringing down my hopes :(.

stpmds

Regulars
Jun 29, 2005
Originally posted by Ryan@Jul 30 2005, 07:22 PM
So it's a possibility that airtel won't be available. shoot. bringing down my hopes :(.
[snapback]19108[/snapback]
[/quote]

i am at chennai. my rappo with cc of airtel landline (BB) is very good. B)

i can get you the information if you can let me know exactly in which location
of delhi you are. normally airtel delhi cc must be able to help. it is ok with me.
if you need help reply.

stpmds/chennai/30-07-05 :)