Is there VOIP service/SIP settings in AIRTEL xtreme fiber broadband

ISP
BSNL
Hello all wanted to know is there any VOIP settings for AIRTEL xtreme fiber users if so how to access same using SIP settings ..thx

G-2425G-A is trash . Each and every settings is blocked. Tried all combinations of configs shown on this thread. One thing that i can point is that i cant ping ims.airtel.in from my Laptop... but can ping it from router diagnostics page
G-2425G-A has two different profiles one for internet and other for V660.
when i try to ping ims.airtel.in from internet profile it gives 100 % packet loss but using the v660 profile i can ping rightaway
when my laptop is connected to router i think it is connected to the TR069 V100 that is why i am unable to ping it from laptop
Maybe newer models of Nokia ONT blocked these settings so that it can only be registered from the telephone devices and not the softphones

Upvote 0
My setup is as follows:

Huawei HG8145V5 > pfSense router> Linux server running FreeSwitch.

The Huawei modem is set to pass both Internet and VOIP traffic on the same port using VLANS. Here are the relevant screenshots. Notice, I am not binding the LAN in the WAN profiles instead using VLAN Binding on LAN1 port. These tagged ports are untagged on the pfSense router.

Internet WAN profile, INTERNET_B_VID_100

VOIP profile, OTHER_B_VID_660

VLAN Binding Configuration
@rajil.s and @tellanand Request you to please guide me on setting up my Huwaei ONT(HG8145V) where I have both LAN ports disabled to untag while deleting and creating WAN bridge for Voice Profile for my downstream DD-WRT router also VLAN binding configuration disabled. Looking badly on how to pass through Voice from ONT to downstream router.

Any help on connecting to Voice VLAN bridge from ONT on DD-WRT(which is already setup as a repeater) to devices for internet connectivity.

Thanks a lot in advance for your support and guidance!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you have turned off the LAN port under WAN setting, you will need to set up the VLAN binding to send it out VLAN 100 as a tagged packet. Then on the DDWRT side, you need to untag it.

Please post screenshot of the Huawei router. I used DDWRT 10 years ago, so cannot help on that.

Upvote 0
@Raji.s I just figured out that I had to enable LAN2 port Under LAN tab -> LAN port work mode on my ONT which then enabled me to tag VOICE VLAN 660 to LAN2.

But, the next problem I see when I try to create the static route I do not see WAN 660 bridge profile? Is this expected and static route to be created on INTERNET WAN but not VOICE WAN?

Also, request you to share your contact details or means to interact with you to share screen and understand how it is setup in OpenWRT to interpret the same for my DD-WRT?

Thanks in Advance!

Pavan

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@rajil.s Did you set any firewall routes on pf/opnsense?

My current topology is, Huawei Router (Bridge mode) -> Pfsense -> Pc

Was running just the internet in bridged till now.
First I tried setting up just VOIP in bridge(with Internet bridging disabled on Huawei) just to check if everything works.

Setup the wan on Pfsense to the ip from the VOIP profile (deleted it before setting up the bridge profile).
Set the static routes to the proxy server with the VOIP gateway.

Setup MicroSIP with the details I got from Voice tab on the Huawei but kept getting Request Timeout.

Edit: Well it connects now but getting an error on MicroSIP for Incorrect Password. I'm using the same "Huawei@1" password as everyone here.
Cy4B6Xw.png

Also was unable to enable Internet WAN Interface alongside VOIP Interface without Internet being in accessible on LAN

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your procedure looks fine to me. However, you have to be very careful with Airtel's proxy. If it sees traffic coming from a place which it doesnt expect it blocks the access. If this happens you should reconfigure your ONT for VOIP (default Airtel settings), and check if ONT is able to register. If it does not, then call up Airtel and tell your landline is not working. They will then unblock you.

Since you are using pfsense, what i suggest is to have a separate VLAN for your device (say a raspberry pi, a laptop or SIP ATA) and VOIP bridge. That way nothing else can go on the network. Once you have made sure everything the client is able to register than you can increase the network complexity by introducing your main PC.

Upvote 0
Your procedure looks fine to me. However, you have to be very careful with Airtel's proxy. If it sees traffic coming from a place which it doesnt expect it blocks the access. If this happens you should reconfigure your ONT for VOIP (default Airtel settings), and check if ONT is able to register. If it does not, then call up Airtel and tell your landline is not working. They will then unblock you.

Since you are using pfsense, what i suggest is to have a separate VLAN for your device (say a raspberry pi, a laptop or SIP ATA) and VOIP bridge. That way nothing else can go on the network. Once you have made sure everything the client is able to register than you can increase the network complexity by introducing your main PC.
can vouch for that,
i have this weird Genexis Titanium 2122a. first i didn't need to go into logs, SIP password was available with just an inspect element on password field.
i have the normal WAN bind to SSID1 and the VOICE service bind to SSID2 (as this is someone elses router, so i dont have physical lan access, so i am using only over wifi)
in my Router/ONT i am unable to create a static route (due to a bug, when i enter route detail, nothing happpen when i click OK, and i cannot bind both WAN and VOICE to same SSID) so whenever i have to use SIP i have to sacrifice my internet connectivity.

anyway, coming onto actual issue, i have been able to use on laptop by MicroSIP (working perfectly fine as it has automatic IP Rewrite/STUN/NAT support) but unable to use on android (tried zoiper, sipnetic, csipdroid etc.), i have tried many combination of setting but it doesn't work, additionally whenever i try to setup on phone (and it doesn't work) it block my access (saying forbidden, failed etc) and then MicroSIP also start saying Wrong Password and ONT is also unable to register showing authentication failed. i am not calling airtel as this isn't my subscription, but it is automatically unblocked (with same password) in 24-36 hours.

so with this, also wanted to ask if anyone has solution for my static route setup issue on my router titanium 2122a, and any straightforward solution to setup on android (many people have reported zoiper working successful but somehow, mine is not working. i have tried using other apps with some public stun servers as well but it just doesn't work and in addition my access also get blocked for 1-2 days)

Upvote 0
I have ZTE OTN from airtel xstream. I directly connect PC/Mobile via WIFI of the OTN. I would like to use airtel voip, however I cant configure it.
I have added two routes as suggested earlier, but in vain, still proxy-server (10.x.x.x) is not reachable.
Any idea what is missing ?

Upvote 0