Is there VOIP service/SIP settings in AIRTEL xtreme fiber broadband

ISP
BSNL
Hello all wanted to know is there any VOIP settings for AIRTEL xtreme fiber users if so how to access same using SIP settings ..thx

I do not have an entry for ims.airtel.in on my router, stuff works fine even without that.

Upvote 0
@Soumil

On the airtel ONT, I have set both WAN services to bridge mode. I also have LAN VLan setup to bind 100/100, 660/660 vlan id's to eth1/eth1.

On the OpenWRT router, I have a interface for the Wan internet, and another for the Wan voice (both are configured with the ip addresses from the router).

My devices are connected to the OpenWrt router. I've tried using multiple sip clients from ios, and a Cisco ip phone. None of them register successfully with the sip server. I've also tried installing siproxyd on the openwrt router - but, that didn't seem to make a difference.

For some reason, i'm unable to attach my screenshots to this reply....

Upvote 0
So, i'm finally able to register and make calls from a sip client on my phone now. But, incoming calls do not arrive on my softphone (I think they get to the router though). Trying to figure that out now...

Upvote 0
I do not have an entry for ims.airtel.in on my router, stuff works fine even without that.
do you have siproxd or something like that installed? would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of your sip client settings? It finally registered for me (with siproxd) after I put in my username as +91xxxxxx without the @ims.airtel.in

Upvote 0
So, i'm finally able to register and make calls from a sip client on my phone now. But, incoming calls do not arrive on my softphone (I think they get to the router though). Trying to figure that out now...
Add the voip interface to a firewall zone on openwrt, then add a traffic rule to forward any protocol from the voice wan zone to the internal ip address of the client in lan zone.

DMZ.webp

Images attached.

Upvote 0
Sorry, this might not work, you need to create a DMZ on the zone to forward traffic to the internal client, I cannot edit my previous post....

Upvote 0
@Soumil

It's working now for the most part. I got rid of siproxd and didn't have to setup any firewall rules. I think my issues were stemming from setting Username to +91xxxxxxxxx@ims.airtel.in. Once, I switched that to +91xxxxxxxxx and proxy server/domain to ims.airtel.in, it's been working fine.

The only issue I have now is that with a Cisco phone, NAT KeepAlive enabled, I get error/warning messages (viewed using sipgrep) from the proxy 400 Bad Request - SS250200F133L1360[07130] Mandatory header absent.

Not sure how to get past this one - KeepAlive works fine from my SoftPhone client on my mobile (no such response received).

Edit: Seems to work now. There was a setting called 'Nat Keep Alive Msg' and it was set to $NOTIFY. I set it to blank and I no longer see the warnings. As far as i can tell, the keep alive messages are still being sent (seen using tcpdump and sipgrep).

Thanks for all your help with this 🙂

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can anyone make a condensed version and a complete step by step tutorial for Nokia G2425g.. I can understand only partially all the things discussed above. One more question Can we use this SIP profile in 2 Android phones(not at the same time) and make calls ? and does this work when not connected to the Airtel wifi and on mobile data ?

Upvote 0
These are my Airtel Xtreme fibre Nokia ONT router setting pics. There is no Authorization ID for voice profile. It won't allow me to change the routing mode to Bridge. VLAN binding options are not there nor is there a possibility to create an static ip route. Now I want to configure a SIP trunk for my IPPBX. So how do I get around this system? Please explain in very simple terms. I am not an expert at telecom. I am not even a techie..
IMG-20201218-WA0003.webp
IMG-20201218-WA0002.webp
IMG-20201218-WA0001.webp
IMG-20201218-WA0000.webp

Upvote 0