Is there any 'security deposit' for BSNL broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter nihangshah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 6,735

nihangshah

ISP
Google
a. Is there any 'security deposit' that one has to pay for applying a BSNL broadband connection?b. What security deposit did you pay?c. If uses Home 250 plan, then upgraded to Home 500 plan. What security deposit will he have to pay?Thanks.

Hi nihangshah, IF you alrady have bsnl Landline connection you need not pay andy deposit for bsnl broadband connection. Otherwise You have to pay normal bsnl landline deposit which is based upon your requirement like STD,ISD.For upgrading From Home 250 to Home 500 plan no additional Deposit is needed.You can use the toll free number service offered by Bsnl and have your doubts clarified officially.

Thanks a ton for the info.The crooked BSNL guys slapped me Rs. 1000/- just for upgrading from Home 250 to Home 500 plan. When I called the BSNL toll-free number, they said Rs. 500/- were 'security deposit', while rest can be asked for 'refund'.I'm going to BSNL office tomorrow and will show 'em this thread.Thanks again.P.S. Welcome to India Broadband Forums. Enjoy your stay!

^500 they will collect as advance rental,they is no security deposit for 500 plan,for 900,and 1000 and above plans hav security deposit

BSNL guys charge me Rs 1000 security deposit for h500 plan .Altogether they charged me Rs 3761 for taking a new connection

BSNL guys charge me Rs 1000 security deposit for h500 plan .Altogether they charged me Rs 3761 for taking a new connection

Did you pay your Rs. 1000/- security deposit? What about the other Rs. 500/-

I pay Rs 6731 in total including Rs 250-installation charges Rs1-edu cess Rs 1800 -modem cost Rs 500 Rs 1000-security deposit

How does that sum up to Rs. 6731/- ???

I pay Rs 6731 in total including Rs 250-installation charges Rs1-edu cess Rs 1800 -modem cost Rs 500 Rs 1000-security deposit