Is there a way to record form DTH?

• Thread starter Thread starter dina69992
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,966

dina69992

ISP
bsnl
Hi,I have connected DTH to my system via tv tuner card and when i tried to record the program it shows that "THE BROADCAST IS ONLY FOR VIEWING, RECORDING IS PROHIBITED" Please some one help me out with this issue. I need to record the programs.Whether DTH signals have been restricted for recording. If so then by using which DTH services we can record the programs please provide me your suggestions. Very urgent please help me.Thanks Dina

what tv tuner card are you using and which DTH did you use it for ? How did you make the connections please explain in details.

I dont know why its saying "THE BROADCAST IS ONLY FOR VIEWING, RECORDING IS PROHIBITED". Are you using hdcp/hdmi by any chance ? Try connecting the composite video to your tuner card and record.

I dono abt hdcp hdmi, i got new airtel dth connection today only. earlier i used to record the programs from my local cable tv using the same avermedia tv tuner card, but in the same way i connected my dth but i am getting this error msg.
Please find the image i think this will be much clear about my query
http://i.lulzimg.com/a45cdc96fd.jpg

i dono abt hdcp hdmi. I have connected my dth via avermedia. earlier i used to record the programs in the same way via my local cable connection. but unable to record via airtel dth. Please find the image i think you can get the clear idea abt wat i am trying to say.

http://i.lulzimg.com/a45cdc96fd.jpg

i dono abt cables. what cable should i use to record the programs.

My replies are waiting for moderators approval

how have you made the connections at present.? You need to give us some info otherwise we wont be able to help you out. You can also post an image of your STB behind and the tv tuner card behind. That would give us an idea.Are you using a High definition STB? if you are then the hdmi/hdcp comes into picture. And I dont think you are using hdmi capture card because it costs a bomb by itself.I am assuming you should get composite cable for your job. There is a video composite cable yellow colored which comes with your STB. PLug it in the STB video-out and plug the other end to the Video-in of your tuner card. Then in the settings of the video capture card, select source video as composite and you should be able to record the video. For the audio part connect the Audio cables (they are same like the video cable but they are 2 for each channel left and right) to the Audio out of the STB to the AUDIO IN of the tv tuner card.Check your manual of the tv tuner for proper connections.

i dono abt cables. what cable should i use to record the programs.

Use This Cable: