Is there a laptop exchange scheme on somewhere in Delhi?

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
HelloI have an old acer laptop which is in a non-working state - the laptop does not power on, is most probably a hardware issue. Now I dont want to spend money in its repair and would rather buy a netbook. So wondering if any store in Delhi has an exchange scheme on? Or if there is a recycling unit in Delhi that offers you some bucks for your old laptop?CheersA

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
go to letsbuy.com.......they offer recycling price for ur unit.

Letsbuy is only giving 500 Rs for the laptop. :(

Sushubh

Administrator
recycling is not exactly exchange right?

recycling means that they are going to dismantle the laptop and sell the spare parts to probably repair shops and send the unusable components to recycling plants.

nokia has a free recycling program in india.

in western world... you actually have to pay to get your electronic items recycled. dell and apple i believe offer free recycling now. but in most cases, you have to pay to get rid of your old computers and phones!

----------

i have a working dell laptop lying with me. same problem. i do not want to get the display repaired which would cost me 5-15K depending upon where i get it done.

i would not even get 15K for this laptop if i try to sell it in the market. i am keeping it for backup times. yours is of course a bigger problem because the unit would not even boot up. mine runs windows vista perfectly. i just have to connect an external display to it :p

----------

i guess have a talk with a laptop repair center and try to get a quote from them. that should fetch you a much better figure than 500 bucks. though they would try to rip you off. :confused:

xyx2000

Regulars
HCL Laptop store at nehru place i went to today had some exchange scheme but in these schemes usually they want the product in working condition.

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
Yeah. I think getting a quote from the local service station guy would be a good idea. Anything more than 500 bucks is cool! :D

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
Btw any recommendation for a netbook Rs 17,000 or less?Requirements - Basic Internet use, should not look ugly and a built in sim card slot for 3G access. Will the most basic chromebook cost around the same (whenever it's launched in India)?

xyx2000

Regulars
Yeah. I think getting a quote from the local service station guy would be a good idea. Anything more than 500 bucks is cool! :D

There are ads in classified section in newspapers & magazines by people who buy & sell old electronics & furniture , You can probably get a better quote from these people, i got a qoute of 300 for a old crt monitor at nehru place and sold it to one of these people in the newspaper for 500 and they pick it up from your home.

----------

Btw any recommendation for a netbook Rs 17,000 or less?
Requirements - Basic Internet use, should not look ugly and a built in sim card slot for 3G access. Will the most basic chromebook cost around the same (whenever it's launched in India)?

No idea about sim slot but you can get most AMD E300 based netbooks for around 18k-19k , AMD brazos based will be around 1k cheaper , both are better than Intel atom

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
Thanks!I think I ll increase my budget and go for the Dell Inspiron M101z (around 19,000). 10.1" is way too small (checked out today at a store) and don't want to buy an acer. So I guess Dell is the best choice under 20,000.

Sushubh

Administrator
there are a couple of guys on the forum who would suggest not touching the dell brand here in india. i am one of them!