• Thread starter Thread starter gauravmhatre
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,669

gauravmhatre

Regular
ISP
MTNL TRIBAND
Hello,I am from mumbai having triband.Its good that mtnl has revised the rates.I am on DSL 749,and the download limit has increased to 5 GB.but when i open register.mtnl.net.in site,it shows as 1.25 GB. what is it!!!! will i get the new download limit. its useless calling CC guys.pls reply whenever possiblr

Hello,
I am from mumbai having triband.Its good that mtnl has revised the rates.I am on DSL 749,and the download limit has increased to 5 GB.but when i open register.mtnl.net.in site,it shows as 1.25 GB. what is it!!!! will i get the new download limit. its useless calling CC guys.pls reply whenever possiblr
I was on TriB200P and I called them on 31st night to migrate to DSL399 plan.
They changed it yesterday morning.
Here is what I observed. When I checked yesterday morning before their call, my account showed me on my old plan with the old download limit. After the change of plan I see it shows the new limit.
With MTNL one can never be sure whether your plan will give you the old limit of 1.25 GB or the new one of 5GB.
So I suggest a very crude solution. Ring up 1500 and request them to change your plan to DSL599. This is not only cheaper but gives you double the limit to what you had before.
After a day or two of the change, you can call 1500 again and switch back to 749 if you desire. and you'll surely get the 5 GB limit.
However, if the 749 plan was good enough for you before, perhaps the 599 plan with double the limit of your old plan will suffice for you and you'll save 150 bucks a month.
Let me know if my suggestion is not clear to you.

Yes its applicable to existing customers. 🙂 I am on the 599, 512kbps 1GB (old) scheme, on 1st it was update to 2.5GB limit. No problems there. :yahoo:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5144/30724765qr1.jpg
By http://profile.imageshack.us/user/socrates0 at 2009-01-02

My service page shows 400MB free in plan. But "Usage summary" page shows more than 450MB and on 1st it was showing 500MB free.They must have forgotten to update TEXT which explains the plan but calculations are happpening as per new free MBs

I am on the 590NU plan with 1GB limit and unlimited download (@ 256kbps) between 12am-8am. I don't see this plan listed any more in the plan list! Does this mean it is discontinued? Also, I logged into the usage site but it doesnt show any increase in my download limit, its still 1GB 🙁 🙁 🙁:madness:😡:madness:😡

okay thanks.but do u think it my mb will be calculated as per the new quota or not.can i download beyond 1.25 gb,because u never know how these idiats wud charge u.... wht say???????????

You are right, with these idiots, you can never be too sure. best to go ahead only after your record display shows the new scheme. In my case I have taken a screen dump of what is being displayed.😀

MTNL websites now clearly says on top that "applicable for both old and new customers".so whatever their register.mtnl site shows, ur bill will be as per new plans/MBs

I am on the 590NU plan with 1GB limit and unlimited download (@ 256kbps) between 12am-8am. I don't see this plan listed any more in the plan list! Does this mean it is discontinued? Also, I logged into the usage site but it doesnt show any increase in my download limit, its still 1GB 🙁 🙁 🙁:madness:😡:madness:😡
The 590NU plan has been discontinued long back. It is not offered for migration or new connections because they have almost the same thing for which they charge Rs 849/-. That is why it doesn't figure in the New Year gift list 🙂
However, those who already were on that plan before it was discontinued, will be allowed to keep it. So if you have that plan and it works for you, I strongly feel you should just continue with it because MTNL has nothing new which is better. Once you migrate to something else, you can never come back to this plan.