Is the latency in Airtel Broadband better than BSNL?

ISP
BSNL/Asianet Broadband
I play quite a lot of fps games where servers are located in eastern U.S and Europe. The thing is with BSNL the pings are very unstable.The pings are low in the morning but steadily get higher during the day until they make games unplayable.Living in Kochi,my options are fairly limited,so i either have Airtel,BSNL,Reliance or Asianet(Local). Reliance is out of the question,i still have nightmares from back in 2007,when i tried out their Reliance netconnect wireless dongle.
So,Here's my pings to NY when they're low i.e morning,I'm using the BSNL ULD 900 plan,and this is after the fup.

Pings like these are tolerable and i admit i can't go much lower than this,but a few hours in,they're going to change to 450+ms and stay there.
I've heard that Airtel has better routing and less congestion than BSNL. Does this mean Airtel pings are stable throughout the day?Would any Airtel user be so kind as to post a speedtest result to an NY server?
I'm getting into a competitive gaming clan and i really don't want to disappoint them,so any help would be much appreciated. 🙂

I am on BSNL BB Combo 1350 ULD plan and I too get high pings to the US 450+
I use RDP to connect to my clients server in VA, USA and with latency of 450+ it's next to no connectivity at all.
The latency was good for the past couple of months but since Feb last week it has again become horrible.

Yeah,Internet in India is pathetic,the problem is just throwing money(not sayin i can afford to) at it doesn't fix it either,there are no premium providers or plans.Not living in a metro biggie city doesn't help either.
The only reasonable option i have, is Airtel. If only some nice Airtel user could get me a speedtest and an opinion on whether i should switch..

falconeer said:
airtel latency is a tad better than bsnl and service is too..
It is? I've been hearing the same thing from some of my friends.
My main question is,how stable is it? Does it go up during peak hours too much?
A speedtest or just a number would be nice..
Thanks

Yeah,I saw that,was hoping it was just an isolated problem for people in Chennai.
So Airtel has the same problems..and even worse plans than BSNL.Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is news to me. AFAIK MTNL has much less lag and latency than Airtel. But it's not that I have compared the two personally.

Well. I can say one thing for sure. Airtel has better routing compared to BSNL 🙂

Out of the three mtnl has the best routing, in my experience and bsnl the worst (more like overloaded gateways but yeah)