Is the Delhi SAM Server problematic today?

• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,829

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
Hi, All the Delhiites here, I wanted to just ask if you're having problems connecting to Sify today?I am getting cut off repeatedly after being online for some time and the Troubleshooting program everytime tells me that it's unable to connect with the SAM server.I believe the SAM server for Delhi is 202.144.58.38. If you are from Delhi and have a different one or if you're not from Delhi and even then have this server, I'd like to know 🙂Thanks.

I have the same SAM server ... no problem 🙂Maybe the fault is at the gateway...Where do you live (area)?

Yeah, you once mentioned you have the same SAM and that's from where I got the thought that it's maybe the same for the whole of Delhi 🙂 But I don't know why it's been giving me probs all afternoon. The gateway pings worked all the time but the SAM server didn't reply back. I live near Palam by the way.

Strange ... I get a 12ms ping...Yeah maybe the problem lies in the connection between ur gateway & SAM server.

😱 You can ping your SAM server? Funny, I can't. Everytime I try it I get "Request timed out". I thought all our pings were filtered at our respective gateways only and that's why we couldn't also ping any websites.

Yes you're right about the second part, the problem can also lie in the connection between the gateway and the SAM server. It doesn't have to be the server always. Escaped my mind 😛

Today ?Its everyday scenario. It keeps throwin me off coz of invald session every 5-10 minutes in the day time.

Surjeett, a couple of things to look for. Have you deleted the file HBSBeat.exe? If you don't want to delete this Sify file just rename it or block it from accessing the net through your firewall. You can even tell Customer Care to disable Heartbeat from their side which they have the power to do. And lastly add 202.144.58.38 to the Trusted Zone with Medium/ Low security in your firewall. My connection started working fine from the evening but my speed was around 2 kBps even though I had only a total of17 MB download for the day 😕. Looks like a local connection level issue.

im in mbai, & its been down all night , one whole night 🙁 lost of the night package. curse my cto , curse my cto

Yeah I get autologged off only after 12 hrs or so... because I follow those steps. BTW, I dont think all delhi has the same SAM server ... we should do a delhi wide @n@1ysis 😕

Yeah, I too get auto-logged off after a considerable period of time which is fine by me.Hmm, we can ask the Delhiites on this forum for sure. Hey, you didn't tell me how you are able to ping your SAM server. Ordinary ping doesn't work for sure, does it ? 😛

Oye it does yaar... at any rate you can use the troubleshooting util...But I can ping it normally !?

Well, I have never been able to ping anything beyond my gateway heh. The gateway doesn't let the pings p@$$.Yeah, Sify's utility p@$$es through but it doesn't give us the ping time, just whether the computer is online or not. And even it's so sh*tty that sometimes when I'm able to ping my IP and my gateway using the ping command , it tells me that the connection to them has failed using its own methods.

Okay if ya want to test ping times just remove ur sify client , restart and then ping, now u should able to ping it.

That wouldn't do anything. Sify itself blocks all pings at some level, in my case at the gateway level. So we can't ping any internet servers while we are online using Sify. Killing the client and restarting will just keep us logged on while getting rid of a useless client.

Originally posted by inetbum@Dec 3 2004, 03:14 AM
Have you deleted the file HBSBeat.exe? If you don't want to delete this Sify file just rename it or block it from accessing the net through your firewall. [snapback]2706[/snapback]
[/quote]
That HeartBeat Funtion (HSbeat.exe) is jus an eye wash, it never worked well so they terminated it in the beginin itself. they r back to their routine thingy, that is kick off a user if hez inactive for over 15 minutes (even that doesn work they wat it shud). So in all, they have just left certain things open as an option to bug users.
I still dont get it, y the eff they have to kick off a user who has an unlimited pack ?
Y they need to keep remindin users that they r STILL using Sify...ggrrrr.......
Life wud have been so good if there wasnt ne log off like thing in case of unlimited packs.