Is Reliance Jio Fiber worth it? FAQs for new connection

ISP
BSNL
We have got JioFiber installed in our area and they have started promoting that connections are now available.
Liked the way they have setup the fiber on electricity poles and added distribution boxes after every few 100 meters.

Is Jio Fiber worth it with current offering?
What are the main pros and cons for this?

My questions
  • Initial charges? 2500, 1500 refundable from this?
  • What type of ONT/wifi device do they provide?
  • Details of STB?
  • They mentioned plans starting at Rs 1001, It has triple play services of phone, internet and cable included
Other option is a LCO who provide FTTH but has random issues disconnection of ONT and this requiring ONT restart as it won't auto reconnect. Some fibre issues 1-2 times a month.

his screenshot mentions jio 5g.

View attachment 93

that was a joke though. i guess his wifi is named 5g.

Upvote 0
off topic

Does IDM really work

I mean it can't go above plan speed but does it make it more efficient like some servers cap the speed can IDM help here?

Upvote 0
any decent download manager would easily outperform a browser's internal download manager for large downloads. browser has to do a lot of tasks. they are not very great at downloading at peak speeds. especially multi-thread downloads.

Upvote 0
off topic

Does IDM really work

I mean it can't go above plan speed but does it make it more efficient like some servers cap the speed can IDM help here?

No, it cant go above plan speed.
No, it cant download fast from sites that cap download speed.
But for sites with no data speed cap it can download faster than browser since it can use multiple thread to download single file. also it lets you download from most of the streaming sites with the help of browser plugin (this is the main reason why I use it). For me it is one of the must have softwares. it makes life so easy for me. Some people prefer jdownloader over IDM but for some reason I never liked jdownloader.

Upvote 0