Is Reliance Jio 4G LTE Throttling Speeds through Traffic Shaping?

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 251
  • Views Views 47,007
ISP
Netplus
So, I am facing throttling or traffic shaping from last several days. I thought its just network issue and will be ok soon but nope. It did not. I used to get up to 6MBps speed while downloading apps from Google Play with average speed of 4MBps-5MBps (Monitored By Internet Speed Meter Android App) but now i am struggling to get 1MBps constant speed and getting average 600-700KBps. I also notice that while i download something directly in browser my average speed hover around 600KBps-700KBps and i am only able to fetch full speed only in IDM after using at least 4, 8 Connection.

I downloaded firefox and notice that my average speed was just 600-700KBps. Since firefox have its own exe to download full setup i can not use IDM to use multiple connection. Same with other software if i download directly in browser.
Link if you want to test : Firefox

I also downloaded avast antivirus and my average speed was just 500KB -600KBps.
Link if you want to test : avast

If you want to check then download Firefox or any android app. i.e need for speed game to test if you are getting full speed.

Thanks

p.s Till now i have consumed 200GB data in last 30 days.

check which LTE Band you are hooked onto..
Try raising a service request..

2300mhz, signal strength is same as before. So you are getting full speed in browser or while updating software or downloading firefox,avast?

Should be some temporary network issue.
I had similar problem yesterday. Today speeds are back to normal.

its been up to 1 week. lets see if its temporary. I am getting just 300KB-500KB while downloading google play apps.

I don't want them to check my history :tmi:. I have browsed po*n.

Last edited:
If I were you, I would not load any ahem ahem site without using a VPN on a connection operated by Mukesh Ambani. I can safely say that Jio would have its own list of censored web properties especially news outlets that are critical of the company and the man.