Is Reliance Broadband still blocking torrents and file sharing services?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ganesh.hari
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 12,748
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL
Hi users
Could you please tel me are reliance blocking torrent sites and filesharing sites now also ...please update aas i hav opted for Reliance please reply soon

my friend has a reliance wireless/wimax connection ..he downloads tons of stuff mostly from ipt and tl..so no.

No reliance doesnt block torrents sites. But i download all the stuff from private tracker.

I think his primary question was that the block on file sharing services is still on? And torrent sites?

please pm me if you want to know about any specfic sites, i will check it and get back to you asap.

i want to know abpout torrents and fileflash .com or billion uploadss mediafire links please reply
PLEASE TELL ME HPW IS RELIANCE SERVICE IS IN BANGALORE FOR 2 mbps or 4Mbps plan

I forgot to mention that reliance bb will be down till 21st as they are working on fibre optic cable. I can open many torrent sites including public sites also mediafire and fileflash websites but wont be able to download and check as it takes quite a long time to open the webpage 🙁

Hi Sir am Not getting what u mean to say net is very slow or waht speed do you get for2 mbps while dwonloading in torrents mediafire fileflash browsing youtube am in BAngalore please advice me waht to do

dupree said:
I forgot to mention that reliance bb will be down till 21st as they are working on fibre optic cable.
Even I've been told the same. May I know who told you the details viz. fiber optic stuff?

iChaitanya said:
Even I've been told the same. May I know who told you the details viz. fiber optic stuff?
i was told by the customer rep. Yesterday i called the nodal officer and he denied about the downtime and told me to call the customer rep again to register the complain. Called the reliance helpline again yesterday and register the complain but no success, so called up nodal officer an hour back and he has given the eta of 24 hrs 😡

Having used Reliance Thunder-1099 since 7-Mar-2014, I can tell you that they not only throttle torrent downloads, they throttle Youtube and other websites except the speed test websites. I only got 3KB to 5KB average speed for torrents. So don't even think about it. You will be better off subscribing for a 1MBPS unlimited with any other ISP. That will perform better than Thunder-1099. I have sent a disconnection request but nobody wants to disconnect my line. This is one big racket !

Status
Not open for further replies.