Is my CTO lying?

• Thread starter Thread starter sidgupta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,057

sidgupta

ISP
TATA
hey,i have newly taken a sify bropadband oonnectionit is supposed to be 128kbps and my CTO asked me Rs. 1000 for it...i get good speeds like 18-20 kbps on bittorrentbut in the product value it says 634*i tried to check out on sify broadband the prices but they apparently do not have a 128kbps unlimited schememy product code is AULM

sify does not in my knowledge have an unlimited 128kbps connection. the one that works from 9pm to 9am is for 400 bucks.if there indeed is an unlimited 128kbps pack that works 24x7 for 1000 bucks i had be happy to take it.

maybe it is one of those packs which is not listed on the website, like "family pack"

i was more waiting to hear from him. i think its a hour based package. 😕

yup. at 1000 bucks it can potentially rival airtel broadband 900 bucks package. considering there is a loss of bandwidth on dsl. sify on the other hand gives pretty decent speeds.

The product cud be128 kbps 350 MB pack which retails for 990 Why wud sify give an unlimited 128 kbps pack when it has above pack in place

hey...im telling u its unlimited........product code is AULMwats ur guys product code?ok...this is the my account pageUserid ******** Product Code AULM Product Description Unlimited1Month Product Value(In Rupees) 634 * Expiry Date 11-01-2005 * Includes 10.2% Service Tax

Ok sidgupta i agree with u-----Here's wat i wrote in another topic---"Hey guys I just called up Sify and enquired about the the pack with product code AULM(the pack the new guy (sidgupta) is referring to in the topic"is my cto lying"You know wat the cc guy said.....it's an unlimited pack with speed 128kbps and 1 month validity with cost of Rs 634 He told it costs somewghere around 570 bucks and with taxes it costs 634. Possibly, the CTO of Sidgupta has taken the around 366 as service chargesI think it;s one of the HIDDEN PACKS......i asked him if it's available in delhi....he asked me to call the 1900xxxxxxxxx wala number "

ok...so i guess my cto is cheating me then? it says 634 doesnt it?do ull guys pay how mcuh it says in acc details?

See I pay Rs 150 more than wat I see in my account. This xtra charge is in name of service charge and the CTO's strongly defend it in name of maintaining hubs,wires etc. Some CTO's like surjeet here dont charge it at all. Usually it varies from Rs 50-Rs 200 permonth......in ur case Rs 366 is extraordinary for sure....But the point is how can sify provide a 128 kbps unlimited for Rs 634 whilt it prices a 96 kbps pack somewhere aroudnd Rs 900-1000.....this is one of hidden packs and ur CTO is taking advantage of that....pay him at most Rs 200 as service charges.....even that is unjustified

ya mine charges 100 bux but anythin above 120 bux is outrageous man , nail him down. tell the sify people , bcoz i had talked with ther customer care head at delhi and he said no cto can charge above 200 bux , so tell him to refund or u wuld go to sify people.

But I asked the cc guy about product code AULM .....he gave me same details as those mentioned by sidgupta......wonder most CTO's are not aware of the pack.....Well sidgupta in which city do u live????

What is the deal with Sify anyway. Keeping all the attractive packs hidden from the public view. And no one is sure what are the packs, and what are the limits on the packs 😛. How confusing.