is java blocked on tata docomo gprs also ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

animishprime

ISP
BSNL
Hi i am a fresh customer of docomo.just bought it on Wednesday.sim card acitvated within 2 hours.and at night i checked on tata site from PC and sent a sms for activating Rs.15 GPRS plan which has usage of 500 MB for 3 days.I got reply from tata within 5 mins that your plan is activated.and after that it has failed to connect through opera mini 🙁I am using a Nokia N72 which supports java and also symbian softwares.hence after trying a lot of browsers,i came to know that gprs only works with either default browser or any other browser which has capacity to render pages on phone directly and no through any server[like opera mini]I tried google maps,bolt,snaptu,teashark and opera mini which all are java.but it failed to connect. 🙁Is the java blocked on docomo in the same way it is blocked on airtel Rs.98 plan ?Has anyone else experinced the problem ? Or i am the luckiest guy ? 😕

whats the apn u r using?

@merc782: Hey buddy, Please provide us your Tata DOCOMO number with detailed complaint.. so that we can resolve it asap....

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

@animishprime: Hey buddy, Please provide us your Tata DOCOMO number so that we can resolve your problem asap....

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

whats the apn u r using?

@merc782: Hey buddy, Please provide us your Tata DOCOMO number with detailed complaint.. so that we can resolve it asap....

did merc782 complain?!!

@ merc 782hi,i am using tata docomo internet as apn and in maharashtra-goa circle. but it doesnt matter with opera mini and java apps.they find working apn on their own.@ tata docomono offense dude,but i think u should check the thread again its me who have complained[actually asking a simple question. ]but its ok.and i dont think it will be good to disclose my phone no. in such way.anyways my simple question to you.Has docmo blocked java apps airtel ?whether net will run using default browser only?waiting for your answer. 🙂

docomo sucks. 🙁i activated Rs.15 plan for gprs which has validity for 3 days.and in these 3 days docomo failed to connect using opera mini.even it couldnt connect using default browser everytime.i called customer care also several times,but even they failed to solve it.a piece of advice for all,docomo may have good gprs plans but remember it also has blocked all java apps.which means you cant use best free browser for cell-opera mini.so think before you buy it. 🙁

@animishprime - Hey buddy do u remeber when u activated da sim u shud hav received sum gprs settings from DOCOMO , which were they?

I'm asking this because for these "per day" plans DOCOMO has given new settings known as "TATA DOCOMO INTERNET" so have u set them as default settings? Bcuz u shud hav and besides that they wud have sent u an SMS telling u to download these setting-did u RECEIVE this SMS?

P.S - I know this bcuz i am also a DOCOMO user n use these "per day" plans a lot to browse Facebook..............n they work SWELL..........!!

i used per day 5 Rs plan lot of times with google maps & opera mini on blackberry storm without a problem, i use TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET apn. DIVEIN apn allows only port 80, u need to use INTERNET apn for all java based apps that use ports other than 80

java appns are not blocked!! opera mini, nimbuzz,ebuddy etc are just working fine.
must be ur area specific network problem.

@ yash mangowhen my card was activated, i got 3 settings namely dive-in,internet and mms.but then after calling customer care,that guy told to delete all those settings and sent 2 new settings which are as same as ol except absence of mms settings.@merc 782i have selected the apn you said as the default apn.but in my phone opera mini and all java apps dont have choice for selecting apn.they search all active apn therself and show there list.but after trying a lot of time in all java apps,all showed that internet connection is not available and contact your operator. 🙁@s.rickyif what you are saying is true,then either its really a specific network problem or i am the luckiest person chosen by docomo for this 😛to above all thanks for your response ,atleast this means that java is not blocked.

@animishprime: Hey buddy, if you are feeling uncomfortable in posting your Tata DOCOMO number on this forum then please mail it to our email id:social@tatadocomomarketing.com asap so that we can resolve your problem...

@animishprime: Hey buddy, we have received your mail and forwarded the same to our team very soon they will resolve your problem..

@ docomo guyi didnt received any reply from docomo for my complaint. 🙁anyways my problem is still alive.still opera mini and any other java apps cant connect to net.only opera for mobile is working and also the default browser.@ everyonei am using N72 ,does anyone else is having same or similer problem with same or similer handset ?

@animishprime: Hey buddy, we are in the process of resolving your complaint. We will update you about the status of your complaint asap...

Status
Not open for further replies.