Is it worth migrating to Reliance Wireline Broadband? - A fed up Airtel Broadband user

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 276
  • Views Views 41,765
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reliance has unlimited and i dont need unlimited.

I have an requirement of 35GB/Month and my budget is RS 1000 I want speeds of 5mbit/s minimum.
Now can any one suggest any ISP Which fulfills my above Demand??
Being a broadband freak i am unable to find any isp who provides such speeds for 1k.

Hayai Lite will fit the bill when it finally sees the light of day.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that there were already similar responses on this page as I replied from the previous page.

Wow techfreek thanks for posting my Airtel review video in the forum, but never thought that it would end up on the reliance forum.Every one wants faster internet speed but the truth right now is broadband is a bit expensive in India if you need higher speeds you need to shell a lot of money and forget unlimited data, if you need unlimited data without FUP issues reliance bb is your best bet right now but again you will not get anything over 2Mbps and that is also around2600 + tax.I am much older now and I do not need truly unlimited connection as I do no try to download everything I can find, I am fine with about say about 30-40 GB/month but even that data caps are not available with decent high speeds internet connections. I have to say I have become a bit grumpy as I am getting a bit older 🙂 (tired of waiting for high speed internet in india) and just hate the buffering issues that we get with slow connections, these days even my wife watches a lot of youtube (damm cooking vids) and she just does not understands or wants to understand why those videos some times stall in the middle and when they do she gets every more grumpy hence my reason to move to a 4 Mbps connection...... am I happy with the 25 GB/cap absolutely not but then I am not having any other reliable high speed internet options and believe me I live in an area where all major ISP are present this is the sad state of internet in India.While I am ranting I do appreciate things have improved a lot in the broadband sector in the last 2 years for example around 2 years ago I used the reliance unlimited 512kbps connection and I had to pay around Rs 2400 for that and the 1 Mbps connection that I really wanted was to expensive for me at around Rs 4,500 then i moved to Airtel in the pricing it was about a couple of hundreds less but very similar, then airtel launched the 1 Mbps unlimited plan at Rs 1,699 (with a FUP of 100 GB, the damm FUP disease that was started via Airtel) and I moved to that plan and was happy so things have improved but they are moving at a very slow place but now every other ISP has embraced the FUP moniker like there is no tomorrow so for now due to the FUP policies the broadband scenario in India is going down the hill for example Airtel markets a unlimited plan with a FUP of just 8 GB which I do not know what to say should we laugh or cry!

I suggest you to try getting a VISA to korea

I Want to share something which happened two days back. We friends were planning where to do our higher studies. All d friends shared their thoughts, Later when my turn came i told france.. They all looked at me very Strange.. they asked me why? I answered broadband is cheap over there 😀

Or go into hibernation and wake up 1 year later to see if Hayai has launched or not ...if not ...go back into hibernation again 🙂

Thanks for your suggestion. I'l ask my internet connection to do so.

Wait for Hayai i.e at least 100 years

I will be in overseas till then.. Or may be Dead 😛

Wow techfreek thanks for posting my Airtel review video in the forum, but never thought that it would end up on the reliance forum.

You were comparing both Airtel and Reliance so i decided to put that thing here.

I have to say I have become a bit grumpy as I am getting a bit older (tired of waiting for high speed internet in india) and just hate the buffering issues that we get with slow connections, these days even my wife watches a lot of youtube (damm cooking vids) and she just does not understands or wants to understand why those videos some times stall in the middle and when they do she gets every more grumpy hence my reason to move to a 4 Mbps connection...... am I happy with the 25 GB/cap absolutely not but then I am not having any other reliable high speed internet options and believe me I live in an area where all major ISP are present this is the sad state of internet in India.

I used the reliance unlimited 512kbps connection and I had to pay around Rs. 2400 for that and the 1 Mbps connection that I really wanted was to expensive for me at around Rs. 4,500 then i moved to Airtel in the pricing it was about a couple of hundreds less but very similar, then airtel launched the 1 Mbps unlimited plan at Rs. 1,699 (with a Fair Usage Policy of 100 GB, the damm Fair Usage Policy disease that was started via Airtel) and I moved to that plan and was happy so things have improved but they are moving at a very slow place but now every other ISP has embraced the Fair Usage Policy moniker like there is no tomorrow so for now due to the Fair Usage Policy policies the broadband scenario in India is going down the hill for example Airtel markets a unlimited plan with a Fair Usage Policy of just 8 GB which I do not know what to say should we laugh or cry!

I was having plans to move to reliance looking at their uptime and quality of the connection but they don't have high speed plans. They have unlimited TRULY which is a positive thing.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

looking forward for a 5mbps+ connection for 1k with atleast 30GB Fup limit.

i like this Rs 1000 plan of ACT :

:: ACT Television ::

i think they have changed the plans for ACT coz the site showed the following.

1 MB - Till 4 GB beyond that 256 kbps

2 MB - Till 8 GB beyond that 512 kbps

5 MB - Till 16 GB beyond that 512 kbps

At the top the words "ACT Broadband has worked out many types of Tariffs for everyone´s convenience." did make me laugh for a while

So where did u get the new limits that u posted??Ur posted limits look good.....really good. But thats too much to xpect in Indian scenario. Unless Hayai does come out in time!!

Regarding that ACT their main thing is IPTV broadband is not their main moto they are only in a few parts of Mumbai.

So where did u get the new limits that u posted??

Ur posted limits look good.....really good. But thats too much to xpect in Indian scenario. Unless Hayai does come out in time!!
It has been changed.. check it now :: ACT Television ::

Regarding that ACT their main thing is IPTV broadband is not their main moto they are only in a few parts of Mumbai.

Pardon me. they are only operating in Bangalore,nellore and Indore.

https://broadband.forum/broadband-in-india/67099-5mbps-1000-till-16gb-and/

I think its location based?? I mean they would be loading updated website for Hyderabad.

Status
Not open for further replies.