Is it worth migrating to Reliance Wireline Broadband? - A fed up Airtel Broadband user

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 276
  • Views Views 41,780
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your plan suits you because your broadband works. My connection worked for just 5 days from the date of installation. I waited for 15-16 days for the servicemen to repair the connection, but to no avail. I was fed up with the quality of the connection and most importantly with their blatant lies.

Your plan suits you because your broadband works. My connection worked for just 5 days from the date of installation. I waited for 15-16 days for the servicemen to repair the connection, but to no avail. I was fed up with the quality of the connection and most importantly with their blatant lies.

I TOTALLY AGREE.
Reliance comm has worst service and technicians BUT Best tariffs. What a weird combination. you will forget their luring tariff plans after experiencing their Service centres and technicians (They are merely fools and untrained).

If they would have Best service centers and technicians, Airtel would have been annihilated by them till date in cities wherever they are present. Service is where Airtel wins (Still they better be pronounced as CRAPTEL bcoz of their crappy plans).

It Just Sounds like some BSNL, Lazy old men working with less wages and its so friggin irritated!

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

I've taken Day - 600 kbps / Night - 1 mbps combo plan @ just Rs.749/- with free voice calls worth Rs.50. At the same price BSNL providing 512 kbps UL with no free voice calls. So, who is wiser here?

This Plan Seriously Roxx.. 750 Ul plan uncompetitive with Reliance 749 plan but u wont be getting more than 0.80mbps during night?? am i right?

This Plan Seriously Roxx.. 750 Ul plan uncompetitive with Reliance 749 plan but u wont be getting more than 0.80mbps during night?? am i right?
That's the trick they have on customers.
Even if u take Rs.649 plan you get 600 kbps with 50 free voice calls & again BSNL loses here(88 kbps more than BSNL with Rs.100 less)

That's the trick they have on customers.
Even if u take Rs.649 plan you get 600 kbps with 50 free voice calls & again BSNL loses here(88 kbps more than BSNL with Rs.100 less)

You did not make an attempt to talk with the reliance people and if u made what reply they gave. I mean we know 0.80mbps is the 80% of subscribed speed but still ..

What your HTTP downloads speed? Torrents?? during day time??

I did talk to them about it but they told me there was no problem on their side. After reading all the reviews(everywhere) i finally came to know that night speeds are reduced to only 80%. I started to live with it after a big fcuk up by airtel. I'm getting 75 kb/sec on day & max 100 kb/sec during night. Day speeds are 100% correct.

I did talk to them about it but they told me there was no problem on their side. After reading all the reviews(everywhere) i finally came to know that night speeds are reduced to only 80%. I started to live with it after a big fcuk up by airtel.
I'm getting 75 kb/sec on day & max 100 kb/sec during night. Day speeds are 100% correct.

I must admit it is still True value for money as compared to other ISP.:thumb:. coz if we are criticizing this plan it is like "BAAL KI KHAAL NIKAALNA" - hindi saying. You are indeed one of the happiest guys.

I wanted to know 1 thing - Does BSNL allow VOIP over its standard Internet line?? Or u need to take a VOIP connection separately??I know about MTNL - any sort of VOIP doesnt work on it. the audio gets scrambled. U have to buy the rights for that. Thats not the case with Reliance.

Hmm I m not sure about which type of VOIP u are taking about but I can make international calls from skype on my MTNL connection & it works... Also I use a device called Magic Jack to make free unlimited calls to US/Canada & it works flawlessly... I m assuming u are talking about a VOIP phone... Srry dnt have much exp with that...

I did talk to them about it but they told me there was no problem on their side. After reading all the reviews(everywhere) i finally came to know that night speeds are reduced to only 80%. I started to live with it after a big fcuk up by airtel.
I'm getting 75 kb/sec on day & max 100 kb/sec during night. Day speeds are 100% correct.

Not at all bad for a unlimited 750 plan.

rajadeep....I am talking about VOIP via software only. I used Yahoo Messenger & VOIP Stunt - both failed to work. I could even hear the phone ringing & the moment the phone was picked on the other side, the audio got jumbled, & neither did my audio reach there.And i also checked whether it was my PC's fault or not. I joined the MTNL line to my other PC, from where i used to call up regularly. But there too, it didnt work.But this, i am talking about July-September last year. Dont know if they have been allowing it after that.

@Jaymin - I have used several VOIP software on MTNL and they work. I have used Skype, SmartVOIP, Jumblo. I have also used Gtalk video and they all work. There was a period when I used to get frequent disconnections, voice scrambling, video freeze but that was when I was having problems with the line. I believe you always had a connectivity problem with your MTNL. In such situations VOIP will also give problems.

Ok, so i think my line was at fault from beginning. But then i am curious to know 1 thing - in the router that i had, there were 2 different slots for VOIP & IPTV.......Until now, i was under this impression -That these were the dedicated ports which can be used if i activate those services. And only when i activate VOIP service, can i get to dial using the software.

^ You can use a decent internet connection from almost any ISP to have VOIP communication through the various softwares I mentioned.There may be confusion because some ISPs offer their own VOIP like MTNL also.Note also that if you use MTNL's VOIP solution then the data used by it is not counted in your normal usage metering.

hum toh du hazar rupee dai rahe hai airtel ko 30KBps dwnload speed kai leyi...Gan* mai aisa danda mara hai Airtel nai nikalnai ka naam he nahi lai rahi...FUK u Airtel

Status
Not open for further replies.