Is it still worth to buy an iPhone 5s?

• Thread starter Thread starter Prophecy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 4,275
ISP
Airtel
I'm planning to buy a brand new iPhone 5s. Is it still worth to buy that phone? I'm not going to buy any chinese brands like OnePlus 2 or Mi5 or even any other online only model like the Moto G series

If you are that choosy about phones, get the iPhone 5s.

Worth is what sense?
It may be worth for show off, but does iPhone 5S really supports new features like 3D touch, and does it works well with latest iOS?

He really does not have much choice in this price segment if he does not want to buy a 'Chinese' or 'Online Only' phone.

yes if you want to show off that you own an iPhone you can go with it..... many people in india just buy Apple iPhones to show off.... i know many people who doesn't know how to use an iphone... but if you are an iphone lover you should absolutely go with it... its a good deal.

The only alternative in the same price segment appears to be LG Nexus 5X as it is not essentially Chinese and is available in retail stores.

iPhone 5s was launched in 2013. I dont know how long will Apple support it may be till 2018 or so.

iPhones are mostly very restricted phones. i.e. they dont work with Android easily (for transfer)

You need iTunes for transferring music.

Plus as @SVK said its outdated now.

So unless you want to just show off... its not worth it.

You will get much better Android phones in same range with latest technology and latest OS as well.

In the worst case scenario, if the iPhone 5s is too old and there are no non chinese phones in this segement as you're saying, then I will wait for a top selling mobile phone to launch like the old Samsung Galaxy Grand. Better to wait than to regret

Btw before buying do check if the iPhone you are going to buy was made in a chinese factory or not. Apple does relies a lot on chinese factories to make phones for them. So does Samsung. Even if not the phone, there is a 100% guarantee that few parts were manufactured in China. So just insist on a completely US made phone where all parts are non-chinese.

@Navjot Singh which phone sold in India/Asia has components completely made in USA 😀
Even phones sold in USA will not have all components made in USA.

I suggest go for Samsung/LG/Panasonic phones which are Korean/Japanese companies, but they may also have produced their phone in China!
Why not "make in India" phone?

Btw before buying do check if the iPhone you are going to buy was made in a chinese factory or not. Apple does relies a lot on chinese factories to make phones for them. So does Samsung. Even if not the phone, there is a 100% guarantee that few parts were manufactured in China. So just insist on a completely US made phone where all parts are non-chinese.

It's the branding that matters, not the manufacturing country. Xiaomi and OnePlus are chinese brands where as Apple is a prestigious U.S.A brand