1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Is it safe to shop from AliExpress here in India?

Discussion in 'Discuss (Online Shopping)' started by sachin_, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Powergasm

Powergasm New Member

Hey guys !
    I have a couple of questions regarding purchases done through AliExpress..since I have no clue about this :

1) I have an " India Use Only " Canara Bank debit card...so does Ali Express accept Paytm as a mode of payment ?

2) I want to buy 3 tshirts. They would cost at around $7 - $9 ( around Rs 460 - Rs 590 each ). The shipping is said to be free and I'm trying to avoid paying any form of taxes and fees :p

So would it help if I buy the three tshirts from three different sellers or is it safe to get all three from one seller itself ?

:relievedface: And can I place all three orders at once or should I wait until each one is shipped from China ?

2. volcano619

volcano619 Prononimous
    Regulars

1) Nope,you need an international transaction enabled Credit/Debit Card

2)Should be fine if you place it in one go from one place,but it all depends on your luck

3. Citrus

Citrus Active Member
    Regulars

I'd recommend you to avoid buying clothes from Aliexpress. Inferior quality compared to what you can get in India for almost the same price and it never fits.

I have purchased clothes on two different occasions and the experience both times was sub par.

4. kkapoorr

kkapoorr (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Regulars

You need to find what clothes are good copies of original branded stuff and what is not.
    Believe me, some really good rip offs are available.

Check: www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress

5. Smh

Smh Member

6. dextermorgan

dextermorgan Amazing Member
    Regulars

1. You need "International Use debit card" ask canara bank. they'll issue you a new one

2. Avoid buying normal clothes on aliexpress. IF its a first copy/ really well made jersey, buy it but only from reputed sellers. I bought a ktm riding shirt for 600rs which retails for 3.4k at ktm showrooms right now. Virtually no difference in quality.

3. As long as the total package value is below 30$, it should pas customs without any issue.

But I still don't recommend normal clothes over aliexpress

7. Powergasm

Powergasm New Member

Thanks guys ! I guess I have to go get a new international debit card now

And I wanted to buy a couple of superhero compression tshirts. All the reviews say that the tshirts are great and exactly the same as the ones sold from USA, but way cheaper !

From all the searching I've done, there is only one online store from India that sells them..but for double the price.

Sites that sell it from USA charge almost three times the price. I don't think 30-40$ is worth it for just one tshirt..and this is minus the shipping charge and taxes :p

8. Smh

Smh Member

stores in India and US might be importing it from China too :)

I've noticed many items same model no, brand basically the same thing sold at Indian sites are available at aliexpress cheaper sometimes even with paid shipping only con is it takes more time deliver

9. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

yup. Paytm, shopclues and even Amazon is full of such products. some of them seem to be dealing with OEMs and getting them to add their branding on these products. as a result 10 different companies have the exact same product with different brandings.

10. kkapoorr

kkapoorr (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Regulars

I ordered something from Aliexpress and I'm pretty sure I'd selected either Aliexpress Standard Shipping or China post. Seller shipped through epacket and the tracking number isn't activated yet, it's showing some wrong detail.

Should I dispute or not? Seller isn't replying to messages.

Also where can I check what shipping method I chose per order? The mobile app doesn't show that.