Is it safe playing games online?

1300megatron

ISP
BSNL dataone
Please Somebody help me protect my PC.. i played Counter strike on internet for 2 days.. but my friend told its not safe playing online.. because of hackers. So how to play safely.. i heard that using proxy servers solves it. I don't know how to set it up. Please help.. also please suggest other methods.

install a good firewall on your pc. dont give your ip to anyone unless hosting a game. also since you are using BSNL, change your router default password.

Ok.. thanks for the solution.. My connection is new, so i don't know how to change my password.. please help..

^ hacking in games wouldnt cause any harm to your pc. maybe it will to your score. 😛but OP is surely concerned about his PC getting hacked.

yes but if you are a serious gamer the score is more important 😛:hysterical:

Ok.. I don't have any confidential matter to steal by hacking.. but i'm worried abt my PC.. what if someone damages it? i.e by planting some programs..

Ok.. I don't have any confidential matter to steal by hacking.. but i'm worried abt my PC.. what if someone damages it? i.e by planting some programs..

See, now you know why everyone always advises to use a updated antivirus + updated antispyware + a good firewall.

[*]Use NOD32 antivirus (it's the best!)
[*]Use Spybot search and destroy to keep spyware away from your PC
[*]Use Zone Alarm (or the default windows firewall) to keep your PC secure
[/list]Always use genuine products with the latest updates. Even if you follow the above three steps, your PC/Laptop will be very much secure. 🙂

If you ever feel that an unknown threat is present in your system, download a program called HijackThis (google for it) and choose the option where it says to generate a log file. It generates a log file of all the running processes. If you aren't that expert, you can paste that log file in any tech forum and the experienced people can help you out. We always follow this method.

by the way which internet connection plan you have and what is your speed i dont think bsnl 750ul has enough bandwidth to play online game like cs 🙂can u tell me which version of cs you are playing and how ???:ashamed::ashamed:i am fan of cs but cant play online please help:ashamed:

Online gaming is totally safe! just use a good firewall and generally the online game servers have softwares to prevent hacking as they dont give away your actual IP but they assign a Virual IP

I play CS and Warcraft3 in GG Client(now Garena) and a few MMORPG's
I never had any Problems !
Well, there are hundreds of players playing in a server and hackers continuously try pinging and doing other stuff to check if there is any way to get into a PC it's just Hit and trial method used by hackers(generally) you have to be the unlucky one to be targeted.:evil:

and like iChaitanya said use latest updates and NOD32 for virus protection!