Is it possible to monitor my online activities by someone.

• Thread starter Thread starter andy_uv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,961

andy_uv

ISP
MTNL
I am using MTNL brodband connection. Would it be possible for someone with good political cloutto monitor my web/online activities.Would it be possible for someone to check which all websites I am accessing, to the extend of checking which all webpages are getting displayed on my monitor. This is assuming the other person who wants to monitor my online activities has good political clout and access to top authorities in MTNL and latest technology. If this is so is there any way to prevent or to retain my privacy when online.Anticipating a reply. Please respond.

well... looking at the laws of our country and how the internet usually works... i am sure that the babus sitting in MTNL offices in your city can easily monitor your internet activities provided they have the relevant hardware/software solutions. and if someone has enough clout in your city, he should be easily be able to bribe the right person and get your internet access logs. TOR is something that you might want to try out. it is going to be a frustrating exercise but would make your browsing slightly more secure i believe. you can also rent a VPN account and access the internet through it. other folks here should be able to help out more.

@andy_uv. mtnl keeps logs of visits if i remember correctly. if u want a way out the only option is VPN. use any decent VPN based in europe. usually around 4-5$/mth.there are hardly any free options. u might find one or two free ones but they will have limitations w.r.t speed and data transfer.

as chromemaniac said , TOR is a good option. IIRC , one could easily get a detailed bill for internet usage . Also for legal issues , ISP`s do have logs.I dont know how deep the log goes. But given the utter disrespect to ones privacy and laws concerning it in india , i am sure your activities could be easily obtained

Hotspot shield is a good free VPN but if you like to download large files, a paid VPN is a sensible investment. Even though TOR is a good utility, it is terribly slow even for surfing let alone downloading.

if you are very paranoid, the best solution is to go in for a paid VPN service like Hide My Ass! Pro VPN Service - Encrypt your internet connection

hah! and they guarantee that they will not provide your browsing details and assigned IPs and Logs to Govt Intelligence Agency when asked?

For me..only way to save my ass is being legal as much as possible...wait a minute...i said legal...means i am no more illegible to download songs and videos...