Is it possible to get 2 bsnl connections at 1 address?

goyal.sanchit

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Hello everyone

I am planning to change my connection from Airtel to BSNL. Now BSNL doesnt offer any exclusive unlimited 1 Mbps plan under Rs 1500 so the best bet is 1350 ULD with 4 mbps upto 20 gb and 512 Kbps thereafter.

But since I would be downloading HD movies 20 gb might not last very long.

Hence option 2-

Get 2 connections.

1.) 750 UL- 512 Kbps for normal browsing.

2.) Rs 600 combo plan- Speeds upto 2 Mbps with night unlimited for exclusive downloading

Now there are few queries I have-

1.) First of all is it possible to get 2 connections at 1 address for broadband?

2.) I havent used a limited plan since AGES but how full proof is the mechanism people use for night downloading? Can I be rest assured that once I set it up correctly it would start and shutdown automatically and wont cost extra?

Also would it be a good idea to employ such a strategy?

You have to apply for two NEW telephone connections, and
select whichever plan you want.
If you are a Govt employee/PSU/PSU banks etc/State Govt etc
get 20% discount in Broadband rent.

Register here > NO need to log in ( for BSNL staff )
UDAAN PROJECT -- BSNL
Select Plan:
BB Plan Selector

2. Most usage portals record day block/night block separately nowadays.
In my case the usage meter automatically breaks readings at 0200AM and 0800AM.
Usual advice: Switch off Modem at 0155AM and restart at 0205AM!!!

1. Yes you can get 2 connections at the same address (I have 2 connections)2. To be on the safer side you can set your system in such a way that downloading starts at 2 : 30 am and ends at 7 : 30 am. I've used it a few timed when I used to have a limited plan.@essbebeIf you create 2 leads on udaan for a new connection, bsnl guys will reject the second lead as duplicate. It'd be best if the op pays a visit to the csc or exchange and fills out the forms.

If you are prepared to pay BSNL will give you dozen landline connections!!( Installation charges security deposit/ initial Landline rent even for a day Approx Rs 1000/=)There is No rule ONE telephone for one person at same address !You will get bill for the Telephone number/s allotted to you.There could be a remark or comment column where you can mention 2nd line.Have to check the form again to confirm this.

I knew that about the telephones but just had a little doubt about broadband.

We had bsnl landline since many years but just recently (about 15-20 days back) got it disconnected because it wasnt working and noone used it extensively anymore. So the person (retention dept?) came and asked why we were getting it disconnected. He was disappointed that we were getting it disconnected and said that bsnl is losing many connections and gave his no. to contact him incase we changed our mind.

Just when we got it disconnected Airtel decided to change my plan! 😛 So I guess I would call the person and maybe he can speed up the process.

Now to get a bit more adventerous!

Can I use the 2 connections simultaneously? Like 1 on LAN and other on wifi?

Also does bsnl changes plan at pro rata basis or at the start of billing cycle only? Is it easy to get it changed just over a phone call just like in Airtel?

1. You can get 2 connections on same address and hence two plans on different lines.2. BSNL Night unlimited can be fool proof if you use a good scheduler to reset the connection at 2 am and 8 am. 3. Using 2 connection on a same machine at the same time is a bit tricky, but possible. Buta. You won't get added speed.b. May have problems with secure sites.c. Not easy to assign different applications to choose a particular connection.d. Will face IP conflict issue forcing you to restrict use to one machine at a time.Would recommend to avoid it if possible.

Bsnl will process your plan change request in 2-3 days if you're lucky. Once you apply for plan change through udaan, the sales guy will come to your house to collect a letter (to the commercial officer , requesting a plan change ) from that date it should take 2-3 days. If that doesn't happen you need to keep calling them up and request them to speed up the process. Charges are adjusted based on the number of days you use each plan for. Say if you're on home 600 and within 10 days you switch over to uld 1350 , you'll be charged according to the old tariff for 10 days and the new one for 20 days