Is Hathway Good

• Thread starter Thread starter zahirsayed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 17,760

zahirsayed

ISP
mtnl
Few hathway guyzz came to my place and they offered their night plan that is from 8pm to 8am free downloads @ 256 kbps for somethin abt 500 bucks............ but the problem is that i cant surf or use the net during rest of the day............ only 8-8 usage

ask the people aruond ur area who are using hathway.also, are u unhappy with Mtnl triband.atleast u can connect and use the net the whole day.in mumbai , one of my friends use it dont know which plan but he said it was good.

I am an exisiting user of Hathway in chennai & recently, a couple of days back called them up asking about any day limited and night unlimited high speed plan . The guy mailed me with the following plan. I think they dont give it out unless specifically asked forBW Branding Subscription charges Download limit Validity Note512Kbps Blast Quarterly(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 1684 3GB 3 Prepaid512Kbps Blast Xtra(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 3367 7GB 6 Prepaid512Kbps Blast Max(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 6734 15GB 12 PrepaidMaybe you can check it out if the same is available in your area. Also, I am planning to move to this plan

One of my friend has this :512Kbps Blast Quarterly(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 1684 3GB 3 PrepaidI think this is THE best-Even if it offers only 1GB/month in day time.

I have decided to go for the below plan. Mailed the Hathway people requesting for a plan change512Kbps Blast Quarterly(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 1684 3GB 3 PrepaidNo more crawling at 64 kbps. 512 kbps here I Come

hathway is using 24online client. but how? b/s i m using 24online client , but without modem.
u said u using modem. In day time, i get 10-15 kbps download speed on link-removed,but in night get 50-60 kbps on 512 kbps net. i dont know why,b/s customer care speak they bind bandwidth.
i think due to low total bandwidth and over capacity users. am i right?

myaccount.icenet.co.in

check this list.
www.24onlinebilling.com/clientele.htm

Also it is prepaid plan. So I wont have to worry about going over & having to pay extra without my knowledge. And my usage at 64 kbps unlimited is around 1-2 GB per month when I was using both day & night. So with night unlimited & day limit at 3 GB . I think it will last me the 3 months & I wont mind if I finish it off in 1-2 months & as I can recharge again. But as to how I connect to Hathway - I dont have any dialer setup. It is an ethernet cable that goes from the modem into my PC. And IP address & all is entered into network setting. And my modem is always switched on. So volia I am always connected. Sorry, I am not much a geek as far as an networking goes, so not sure if I replied to your question properly, patch. Please let me know exactly what you are looking for, and I will try my best to respond to that

I have the latest Hathway rates (in Chennai) not sure if applicable elsewhere. This was sent to me in reply to my direct schemes enquiry. The list of schemes is too many so I will just post the new or additional schemes here that are not mentioned at their site. For the regular ones u can check at their website
http://www.hathway.com/bci/packages.htm

Plan Upload Speed Download Speed Download Limit Subscription Validity Note Timings
Freeway Regular 64 Kbps 256 Kbps Unlimited Rs.995/- Monthly Post Paid 24 Hours
Freeway Xtra 64 Kbps 256 Kbps Unlimited Rs.4975/- 6 Months Post Paid 24 Hours
Freeway Max 64 Kbps 256 Kbps Unlimited Rs.9950/- 12 Months Post Paid 24 Hours
New Paceway Xtra 256 Kbps 512 Kbps 12 GB Rs.6000/- 6 Months Pre Paid 24 Hours
New Paceway Quarterly 256 Kbps 512 Kbps 5 GB Rs.3000/- 3 Months Pre Paid 24 Hours
Liteway Night Bird Quarterly 64 Kbps 256 Kbps 3.6 GB Rs.750/- 3 Months Pre Paid From 9 PM to 9 AM
Liteway Night Bird Xtra64 Kbps 256 Kbps 9 GB Rs.1500/- 6 Months Pre Paid From 9 PM to 9 AM

BW Plan Subscription charges Download limit Validity Note
512Kbps Blast Quarterly(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 1500 3GB 3 Prepaid
512Kbps Blast Xtra(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 3000 7GB 6 Prepaid
512Kbps Blast Max(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 6000 15GB 12 Prepaid

Yes - these plans are there for quite some time. But these people have not updated their website for a long time and you have to call & ask them for more plans. Even when promoting when they started in my area they promoted 64 kbps unlimited or 256 kbps limited only.

Hathway has been pretty decent. Torrents are not always as fast as i would like them to be but you can surf without a lag and do torrents at the same time which is something my old isp sucked at. FTP transfers have been pretty awesome. Get around 25 to 27 KBps.Got a 256Kbps Unlimited and i average out to 1 GB of download a Day.

512Kbps Blast Xtra(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 3367 7GB 6 Prepaidi have jus taken this plan.......i had tried the night unlimitd too..even that is better..i paid 440 for that...and its free whole sunday...but i do nee net at odd times...than converted to 256kbps whole day pla...bu it made me stick to pc....which is bad habit..so now on this plan....frm past 7 days.......have checked today is 7th day while posting.......so todays download not counted yet...and wht i have jotted on paper i have done 6.3gb jotted downloads..which means 900 mb daily......(2 days i have jotted above 1.3gb downloads)....so far goin gr8..which means ill download above 25gb which is good becoz using net on 256kbps i hardly passed that 20gb limit........also day time usage ard 115mb.....so goin good..i would say gr8 plan considering its prepaid...if u download xtra..if by any chance they say topay xtra u can say we wont pay since its prepaid......also i get good 50kBps speed on good torrents.......and ard 40kBps avg.......i wont regret that i shd get ard 55+...since something less is still better...... since we allways download illegal stuffs...and for speed u ask for legal speeds.......i would say if airtel is in your area get that...since airtel ppl get same upload speed..........and also on public holidays and night time they double the speed.....which never happens in hathway..also upload is half the download speed that too is not simulatneous........in short its a trade off plan

was thinking of getting hathway for my office use... the sales dudes came by today, offered me a 2mbps dedicated fibre optic connection (20gb data limit) for a cool Rs 20k a month... damn it's expensive!

QUOTE(mhsabir @ Nov 25 2006, 01:05 AM) [snapback]69558[/snapback]
I have decided to go for the below plan. Mailed the Hathway people requesting for a plan change
512Kbps Blast Quarterly(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 1684 3GB 3 Prepaid
No more crawling at 64 kbps. 512 kbps here I Come[/b]

hey dude ne idea whether dis plan is available in mumbai.......... you know na these people dont disclose their plans ......... y i dont know the reason .......
512Kbps Blast Quarterly(night unlimited:11pm-9am) 1684 3GB 3 Prepaid plz lemme know. thnx