Is going for SUN DTH really worth?

• Thread starter Thread starter bgltv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,405
ISP
Tata Plug2Surf
Hi, Could you please all the SUN DTH users share.. how do u feel about SUN DTH.. is that worth going for SUN DTH....as we miss many channels which we get in our ordinary cable Network.... Please suggest am i am thinking for past 3 days about this and still in confusion...Hi Viewers, Kindly reply who are all from out of tamil nadu as i know TN has got very good packages...Hi Viewers, Kindly reply who are all from out of tamil nadu as i know TN has got very good packages...

Hi,Wait for two more month, Reliance DTH will come - already launched test signal. Then choose the right one.

No because CC told me that Sun DTH will be focused on South India only. Specially Tamilnadu & we should not expect it to compete with DishTV & Tata Sky. :rofl::rofl:

Dear all,Past 15 yers they are media, so they kow what south and es specialy tamilnadu, karnataka, andherpradesh peploles req,,still they have not officially launched,,reg packages like star,Sony and sports,,zee will be soon in their pack, but not all channels, only big hit channels line sp,zee, zee cinema,sony,set max,sw,espn,ss,st cricket,,wait up to official launch, it is not very easy like cable operator buy stb from brodcaster and feed the day itself,,dth so many clearence so many tech details, and sun dth want all the channels should be in mepg4 in good quality,,not like other dth operator,,,wait unit sun rises in the east,,,:yahoo:dear all,u check every day in satcodx website there is a change in pack details, so they are right way to catch south peoples,,,wait until sun rises in the east:ashamed::thumbsup:

Better you can go for DishTV if you want to watch all the channels right-away. Otherwise wait till BIG TV comes from Reliance. That time, the prices of others too will come down.

Dont get frustrated my dear friend Senthil..I can able to understand u r feelings...U will get all channels with in 1 month from now..If they dont going to give it with in 1 month then RELIANCE will rule the DTH space in coming months...

Dear All, Yes, getting the clearance for adding new channels is a tedious task for the DTB operators. We all know Tata Sky took long time get STAR package.. and SUN package.. comparing that,, we are not sure how long SUN DTH will take to competite with other players.. But one thing,, keeping only South channels does not help... who will see the Mega serials all time.. and no Sports.. No English channels.. As per the clearance from court, if at all Tata Sky joins with Sun network for adding more channels.. we would not expect the same subscription fee and intial charges always.. if we need good service.. we need to pay something more as all you know.. so SUN DTH... i dont feel it is a good option as of now...I just keeping an eye on Big TV and AirTel DTH..

Hmm.. if you are mega serial adict.. the SUN DTH is best choice.. without Sports channels.,,and star packages.. can't even imagine the DTH... it is like keeping the DD antenna is your terrace like olden days....Hmm.. if you are mega serial adict.. the SUN DTH is best choice.. without Sports channels.,,and star packages.. can't even imagine the DTH... it is like keeping the DD antenna in your terrace like olden days....

Difference between Cable and DTH.

Read @ Cable Quest - Broadcasting Magazine

The comparison provided in the link is very much biased towards the cable TV operators. If what they claim is very true, why people are shifting from cable to DTH platform? As per my view, the basic things which prompts people to migrate are
1, The rudeness of the cable operator (should have changed by now as the competitor, DTH is now in the picture.)
2, Frequent disconnection due to cable cut, power failure etc etc etc
3, Customer care - a BIG joke.
4, Clarity is very poor, if you are not using an STB
5, If you ask for new channels, the default answer is NO.
6, Value added services - Nil till now.
Once, they work to improve these things, they will retain the huge mass of people who are still with them.

I am a 2 day old satisfied customer of sun dth!the pic quality is really better than SKY or DishtV!the package for kerala is just fine for me and others in kerala! 🙂

They will definetly launch STAR package very soon..They have to sign an agreement before 19th of this month..So dont worry...Still 5 days left...

Don't worry SUN DTH is the worst in the whole world. People will realise it very soon as I had a few weeks back !!!!