Is FULL HD TV useful in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter sundar4k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 14,048
I've seen American TV shows and movies in both SD and HD. And yes, HD makes a lot of difference even on a 20" monitor.
Weren't we talking about difference between 720p and 1080i/p and not difference between sd and hd?

LG 32LK430 supports external hard disc. Although i bought this TV, did not test all features yet due to my brothers marriage. Below are the lines from user manual
------------
The recommended capacity is 1 TB or less
for a USB external hard disk and 32 GB or
less for USB memory.
-----------

I have only connected a pen drive of 2GB so far and it pretty much played all the formats. I guess mkv as well. As per manual below are the movie formats supported. you would see pretty much everything that is currently possible.

DAT,MPG,MPEG,VOB,AVI,DIVX,MP4,MKV,T
S,TRP,TP,ASF,WMV,FLV)
Movie(*.mpg/*.mpeg/*dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*.
vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.mkv/*.divx/*.avi/*.asf/*.
wmv/*.flv/*.avi(motion-jpeg)/*.
mp4(motion-jpeg)/*.mkv(motion-jpeg))sup-
porting file
Video format : DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x,
DivX6, Xvid1.00, Xvid1.01, Xvid1.02,
Xvid1.03, Xvid1.10 beta-1/beta-2,
Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264/AVC, VC1,
JPEG, Sorenson H.263
Audio format : Dolby Digital, AAC, Mpeg,
MP3, LPCM, HE-AAC, ADPCM, WMA
Bit rate : within 32 kbps to 320 kbps(MP3)
External Subtitle format : *.smi/*.srt/*.sub
(MicroDVD,Subviewer1.0/2.0)/*.ass/*.ssa/*.
txt(TMPlayer)/*.psb(PowerDivX)
Internal Subtitle format : only, XSUB (It is
the subtitle format used in DivX6 files)

----------------------------------

Let me know if you have any more specific questions on this model. I may be able to test for you.

Hi, i want to Buy a LCD TV 32", which should be supported External HDD.

I search and i found Samsung series5, 550 model will support External HDD but the cost is 36,000/- (showroom price is 30 - 32K).

Will LG-32LK430 will support External HDD, with MKV, avi format?

Which brand should i go?
----------

In LG site they mentioned that its supports Divx HD, but they dont mention that it will support .mkv (H.264) format.

They Mentioned the following format only
Movie(*.mpg/*.mpeg/*dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*. vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.divx/*.avi/*. wmv/*.avi(motion-jpeg)/*. mp4(motion-jpeg)
Video format : DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x, DivX6, Xvid1.00, Xvid1.01, Xvid1.02, Xvid1.03, Xvid1.10 beta-1/beta-2,
Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264/AVC, VC1, JPEG, Sorenson H.263

----------

To add to Balaji, it may not be able to decode DTS, but has optical audio out which may be able to send audio signal to your HT for decoding.

LG-32LK430 should play mkv files. If it has USB movie playback feature, it is likely to play mkv. The best way to check is to go to the showroom and check.

BUT LG USB movie playback won't be able to play DTS audio. In that case, you'd need a HD media player like WD Live. Or you can connect a laptop or desktop to play the movies.

It did not play DTS.
I dont have a uncompressed 1080P video to play via USB.

----------

It just played the video and said unsupported Audio for DTS

No need for an additional media hardware. Buy a TV with DLNA and Lan support and use your PC + Lan cable + Free DLNA software (there are plenty) to watch the content that is sitting on your hard drive.

LG 32LK430 supports external hard disc. Although i bought this TV, did not test all features yet due to my brothers marriage. Below are the lines from user manual
------------
The recommended capacity is 1 TB or less
for a USB external hard disk and 32 GB or
less for USB memory.
-----------

I have only connected a pen drive of 2GB so far and it pretty much played all the formats. I guess mkv as well. As per manual below are the movie formats supported. you would see pretty much everything that is currently possible.

DAT,MPG,MPEG,VOB,AVI,DIVX,MP4,MKV,T
S,TRP,TP,ASF,WMV,FLV)
Movie(*.mpg/*.mpeg/*dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*.
vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.mkv/*.divx/*.avi/*.asf/*.
wmv/*.flv/*.avi(motion-jpeg)/*.
mp4(motion-jpeg)/*.mkv(motion-jpeg))sup-
porting file
Video format : DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x,
DivX6, Xvid1.00, Xvid1.01, Xvid1.02,
Xvid1.03, Xvid1.10 beta-1/beta-2,
Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264/AVC, VC1,
JPEG, Sorenson H.263
Audio format : Dolby Digital, AAC, Mpeg,
MP3, LPCM, HE-AAC, ADPCM, WMA
Bit rate : within 32 kbps to 320 kbps(MP3)
External Subtitle format : *.smi/*.srt/*.sub
(MicroDVD,Subviewer1.0/2.0)/*.ass/*.ssa/*.
txt(TMPlayer)/*.psb(PowerDivX)
Internal Subtitle format : only, XSUB (It is
the subtitle format used in DivX6 files)

----------------------------------

Let me know if you have any more specific questions on this model. I may be able to test for you.

Thanks for Check this. My only concern is, it should play MKV format, because i have some MKV format 1080p file, this should be played in TV.
Since it is playing in this model, i stick on this model.

----------

I download the manual pdf from LG for that brand and checked it bur they dont mention mkv in that manual

They mentioned only the below format, can u pls confirm again for mkv
Movie(*.mpg/*.mpeg/*dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*. vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.divx/*.avi/*. wmv/*.avi(motion-jpeg)/*. mp4(motion-jpeg)

Yes, I saw an mkv video recently and it played fine.

----------

They gave a hard manual that just had basic things like set up, connections and stuff to begin. I saw a CD in the box and it had manual. The data i posted is from that soft manual under the USB section.

Hello I have some of questions about LG 32LK4301) what about quality of upscaling SD content ..as i'm comparing it to Samsung Series D550 which i heared that i does this job pretty well ..just a few HD channels out here and i don't won't to loose the SD Channels ..does SD just don't be such clear like HD ones or it will be annoying "i.e.: less or simillar to Normal CRT TVs" ??2) the 100 MHZ Rate, what i know that the higher is better for fast moving films ..but from many forums i found some complains that it totally mess the film qulaity ..don't know how ...but for another LG LED 32 TV witha motion rate 120HZ nearly every one in the topic i read recommended disabling this feature .. so does this model have disabling option too ??3) what is the Screen seponse time ??Thanks in Advance as i am really confusedI am comparing between these 2 and they are at the same exact price here1) Samsung 32 LCD D550 (1080p - DLNA - 2 x 10w Speakers - 50Hz Motion Rate - SRS & Dobly Surround Sound - HyperReal Picture Engine - 5ms repsone )2) LG 32LK430All in all which one you advice me to buy ? ..will buy it today at most

there is no upscaling of sd to hd in the LG 430. r u referring to 4:3 to 16:9? It does a neat job with zoom options