Is external IP address same for a LAN?

surjeett

Regular
Regulars
Originally posted by hpgupta@Nov 14 2004, 11:23 AM
no

if an external ip was being shared by a subnet it wudnt change everytime u log off and log in.

bsides, a shared (by subnet) ip cant create servers. since we CAN create servers, external ip is unique (atleast till the time you are logged in)
[snapback]2029[/snapback]
[/quote]

U mean to say, i can run a web/game server off my comp using sify connection ? :D

surjeett

Regular
Regulars
BTW, Mr. Gupta, dont u think ur first post was suppose to be under "introduce urself" thingy ?No...not forcin u...just talkin about some common thing wich is very uncommon these days :D

hpgupta

U mean to say, i can run a web/game server off my comp using sify connection ? [/b]

yeah u can. infact i have made game servers lots of times. friends using sify, touchtel, mantra and dialup have even connected to them.
i dont see any reason why u shud not be able to host a web server too.

BTW, Mr. Gupta, dont u think ur first post was suppose to be under "introduce urself" thingy ?
No...not forcin u...just talkin about some common thing wich is very uncommon these days [/b]

yeah i know, actually when i registered the first thing i did was add a reply to that topic. however, while i was typing, the network went down. forgot to do it again later :p wud do it now :D

surjeett

Regular
Regulars
Ok fine, in that case, i expect ur comp to be online for us (users here) to play out ne game against/with each other.Hey Sushubh! u listenin to this ...ehh? ;)

srikanthmsp

Regulars
hey gupta which software do du use for hosting web server on ur system ..plz tel us tht we also could do this

srikanthmsp

Regulars
and u can check ur ip more faster at www.whatismyip.com