Is Excitel really worth it in Dwarka Sector 9, Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter dagasaheb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,798
Excitel is using ftth for those who have requested for it.
And man, dwarka is a very big area, I was talking about Sector 9 . My friend contacted excitel directly for connection. He asked if he can change LCO (as he was opting for multi month plans) and they stated there is only 1 LCO available as of now in their area.

Do you use Excitel FTTH? And does your friend use FTTN or FTTH?

Only One LCO for Sector 9............ This is getting tricky...

Is Netgear R6350 AC 1750 fine & good enough or do I need something more suitable for Excitel?
i don't know why any wireless router with pppoe would fail to work with excitel. the problem might exist due to crap firmware on some random model. but i do not think excitel has known issues with wireless routers in general.

i don't know why any wireless router with pppoe would fail to work with excitel. the problem might exist due to crap firmware on some random model. but i do not think excitel has known issues with wireless routers in general.

Good to know but I just felt you were being a little, just a little derisive

While I was going through this forum, I saw people here claim TP-Link routers have a certain issue with Excitel. I just thought better to ask than to kind of regret later

can you link to the post. i do recollect something about one user facing stability issues with one model. @ajgamer probably. but i do not think the problems were fully resolved by switching to another router. the problem in his case is mostly connected to incompetent lco.

yes.... maybe it was @ajgamer but I've also checked other sources that state cases of frequent disconnections with Excitel. Now whether the issue exists because of a certain brand/router/firmware or an incompetent LCO, only the ones with experience regarding it can tell

I just want to make sure I make the right choice out of all the options available

Relax bro! Chill! Peace!

@degasaheb Problem would solve if the Router is the issue if you have the specific model.

I did my research and found the solution myself when the official support of excitel wasn't helping (Excitel Support, not the LCO).

It's the issue with the Excitel's compatibility with certain modems and chips.

P.S.: This comes from the experience and a in-depth testing.

maybe post the chipset of the router you had issues with and he can check if his router does not use the same series?

I wish I could help but I then remember this. It's the job of Excitel to fix the issues for customer.

it's not my job to worry about them or their future. if a service stops being good... i dump them and move on. there is just no point in trying to send them a message that they are messing up. they either know it already or don't care about it.

So I've actually stopped myself bothering and I simply make a ticket. 🙂

If anyone is facing the issue, it's better off bother their customer support the most so that they know the ground-reality of their network.

Just for saving @degasaheb time and money, read my thread and the linked threads in the signature. You will have your answers to your question you've asked and the future questions too.

Last edited by a moderator:
@degasaheb Problem would solve if the Router is the issue if you have the specific model.

I did my research and found the solution myself when the official support of excitel wasn't helping (Excitel Support, not the LCO).

It's the issue with the Excitel's compatibility with certain modems and chips.

P.S.: This comes from the experience and a in-depth testing.
maybe post the chipset of the router you had issues with and he can check if his router does not use the same series?

Relax guys!!! No need to take this to Heart!!

I wish I could help but I then remember this. It's the job of Excitel to fix the issues for customer.

So I've actually stopped myself bothering and I simply make a ticket. 🙂

If anyone is facing the issue, it's better off bother their customer support the most so that they know the ground-reality of their network.

Just for saving @degasaheb time and money, read my thread and the linked threads in the signature. You will have your answers to your question you've asked and the future questions too.

I've already read all your related threads bro & I appreciate you sharing your experience here

The ground reality, as far as I'm concerned, is LCO plays the most important role when it comes to Excitel broadband

I would like to know more about the in-built router provided by Excitel with their FTTH connections

DfTNBWn.jpg

Is it just the OLT device or a router in real?

First one will be a basic ONU/ONT device (OLT is the server side machine), other two will be ONU/ONT with built in wifi+router capabilities.