Is Excitel really worth it in Dwarka Sector 9, Delhi

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
@degasaheb Problem would solve if the Router is the issue if you have the specific model.

I did my research and found the solution myself when the official support of excitel wasn't helping (Excitel Support, not the LCO).

It's the issue with the Excitel's compatibility with certain modems and chips.

P.S.: This comes from the experience and a in-depth testing.

Reactions: dagasaheb

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
maybe post the chipset of the router you had issues with and he can check if his router does not use the same series?

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
I wish I could help but I then remember this. It's the job of Excitel to fix the issues for customer.

it's not my job to worry about them or their future. if a service stops being good... i dump them and move on. there is just no point in trying to send them a message that they are messing up. they either know it already or don't care about it.
So I've actually stopped myself bothering and I simply make a ticket. :)

If anyone is facing the issue, it's better off bother their customer support the most so that they know the ground-reality of their network.

Just for saving @degasaheb time and money, read my thread and the linked threads in the signature. You will have your answers to your question you've asked and the future questions too.

Last edited:

dagasaheb

[OP]
Mar 13, 2019
@degasaheb Problem would solve if the Router is the issue if you have the specific model.

I did my research and found the solution myself when the official support of excitel wasn't helping (Excitel Support, not the LCO).

It's the issue with the Excitel's compatibility with certain modems and chips.

P.S.: This comes from the experience and a in-depth testing.
maybe post the chipset of the router you had issues with and he can check if his router does not use the same series?
Relax guys!!! No need to take this to Heart!!

dagasaheb

[OP]
Mar 13, 2019
I wish I could help but I then remember this. It's the job of Excitel to fix the issues for customer.

So I've actually stopped myself bothering and I simply make a ticket. :)

If anyone is facing the issue, it's better off bother their customer support the most so that they know the ground-reality of their network.

Just for saving @degasaheb time and money, read my thread and the linked threads in the signature. You will have your answers to your question you've asked and the future questions too.
I've already read all your related threads bro & I appreciate you sharing your experience here

The ground reality, as far as I'm concerned, is LCO plays the most important role when it comes to Excitel broadband

dagasaheb

[OP]
Mar 13, 2019
I would like to know more about the in-built router provided by Excitel with their FTTH connections

Is it just the OLT device or a router in real?

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
First one will be a basic ONU/ONT device (OLT is the server side machine), other two will be ONU/ONT with built in wifi+router capabilities.

dagasaheb

[OP]
Mar 13, 2019
So should I use ONU+WiFi AC or my own AC router???
Is this ONU+WiFi AC any good for multiple user wifi usage?

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
get the basic unit. and use your own wireless router. their own hardware does not seem to support more than 100mbps on wireless.

Reactions: vishalrao

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
They probably meant to write 1000, no way a router that supports AC standards is limited to 100 mbps.