Is Excitel really worth it in Dwarka Sector 9, Delhi

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
at best you can check with your neighbors who are already using excitel. especially the guys who are connected to the same line coming to your place. because if connection goes down for them, it would go down for you as well.

Reactions: dagasaheb

kanurag94

Mar 7, 2019
Is there only 1 LCO for the entire Dwarka region????
I did some digging & found 1 retailer in Dwarka Sector 8 & one in Dwarka Sector 7 Palam.
The Sector 8 retailer has a bad reputation of pathetic service

Can you just confirm Excitel FTTH is available in Dwarka & people are using FTTH & not FTTN

Excitel is using ftth for those who have requested for it.
And man, dwarka is a very big area, I was talking about Sector 9 . My friend contacted excitel directly for connection. He asked if he can change LCO (as he was opting for multi month plans) and they stated there is only 1 LCO available as of now in their area.

dagasaheb

[OP]
Mar 13, 2019
at best you can check with your neighbors who are already using excitel. especially the guys who are connected to the same line coming to your place. because if connection goes down for them, it would go down for you as well.
Bro, I just shifted into a new apartment & so far I don't think anybody is using Excitel in my society apartments. There is this internal wiring system that is being used for the Society Telecoms & Airtel for broadband purposes. I have been trying to get in touch with people who use Excitel in my area and that is why I specifically mentioned "Dwarka Sector 9" in the thread name

Also, I hope Netgear R6350 AC 1750 Smart Router is good & compatible with Excitel....?

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
when you apply for excitel. just get details of people around you connected to excitel from the excitel guy. they should be able to tell you about active connections.

Reactions: dagasaheb

dagasaheb

[OP]
Mar 13, 2019
Of course I will get the details but only if I see Excitel to be fit for my purpose

Is Netgear R6350 AC 1750 fine & good enough or do I need something more suitable for Excitel?

dagasaheb

[OP]
Mar 13, 2019
Excitel is using ftth for those who have requested for it.
And man, dwarka is a very big area, I was talking about Sector 9 . My friend contacted excitel directly for connection. He asked if he can change LCO (as he was opting for multi month plans) and they stated there is only 1 LCO available as of now in their area.
Do you use Excitel FTTH? And does your friend use FTTN or FTTH?

Only One LCO for Sector 9............ This is getting tricky...

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Is Netgear R6350 AC 1750 fine & good enough or do I need something more suitable for Excitel?
i don't know why any wireless router with pppoe would fail to work with excitel. the problem might exist due to crap firmware on some random model. but i do not think excitel has known issues with wireless routers in general.

dagasaheb

[OP]
Mar 13, 2019
i don't know why any wireless router with pppoe would fail to work with excitel. the problem might exist due to crap firmware on some random model. but i do not think excitel has known issues with wireless routers in general.
Good to know but I just felt you were being a little, just a little derisive

While I was going through this forum, I saw people here claim TP-Link routers have a certain issue with Excitel. I just thought better to ask than to kind of regret later

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
can you link to the post. i do recollect something about one user facing stability issues with one model. @ajgamer probably. but i do not think the problems were fully resolved by switching to another router. the problem in his case is mostly connected to incompetent lco.

dagasaheb

[OP]
Mar 13, 2019
yes.... maybe it was @ajgamer but I've also checked other sources that state cases of frequent disconnections with Excitel. Now whether the issue exists because of a certain brand/router/firmware or an incompetent LCO, only the ones with experience regarding it can tell

I just want to make sure I make the right choice out of all the options available

Relax bro! Chill! Peace!