• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,808

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
Secure21 (FTP)This port is completely invisible to the outside world. Secure23 (Telnet)This port is completely invisible to the outside world. Closed but Unsecure25 (SMTP Mail Server Port)This port is not being blocked, but there is no program currently accepting connections on this port. Closed but Unsecure79 (Finger)This port is not being blocked, but there is no program currently accepting connections on this port. Secure80 (HTTP)This port is completely invisible to the outside world. Closed but Unsecure110 (POP3 Mail Server Port)This port is not being blocked, but there is no program currently accepting connections on this port. Secure139 (Net BIOS)This port is completely invisible to the outside world. Closed but Unsecure143 (IMAP)This port is not being blocked, but there is no program currently accepting connections on this port. Closed but Unsecure443 (HTTPS)This port is not being blocked, but there is no program currently accepting connections on this port. Test complete.Reachable ports were found. If these ports were not deliberately left open, there may be a problem with your firewall operation or configuration.This is result of my firewall test from hackerwatch:wall:

Ha ha ha...:hysterical:

well..ESet is very good when it comes to AntiVirus.. but firewall sucks....

Earlier this morning i had posted a link to a spyware/trojan which Eset AV ignores and even allows the pc to get infected. That single incident (which happened 4 days ago) made me switch from Eset to Antivir. Seems the mods thought otherwise and deleted my post...

Actually the problem was with my router. I switched to demilitarized zone and eset works fine.Infact i got same firewall results on my router with any firewall when my modem was configured in router mode....basically my router's firewall is malfunctional and it doesnt even allow the regular firewalls to fn

Result of the hackerwatch test with ESET Nod smart security :

Traffic Sent
Packets were successfully sent to your computer. The server was unable to obtain a connection or any traffic from your computer. This generally indicates that your firewall blocked the traffic successfully.
If you did not see an event warning it may indicate that the traffic did not reach your computer at all.
This could be due to any of the following reasons:

[*]You are connecting to the Internet through a proxy server. When we attempted to connect back to the IP address your web traffic came from we actually were connecting to the proxy server, not your computer.
[*]You are behind a corporate firewall which is redirecting traffic in an unexpected manner.
[*]You are connecting to the Internet through a NAT (network address translator). When we attempted to connect back to the IP address your web traffic came from we actually were connecting to the proxy server, not your computer.
[/list] In any of these cases you will not see an event notification on your computer because our connection attempt did not reach your computer. In any case, your computer is secure.
Well,I use to get the same results with Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 ,but due to blue screen (BSOD)error I had to uninstall it 🙁

I would love to use Kaspersky but its a resource hog as compared to Eset SS

I would love to use Kaspersky but its a resource hog as compared to Eset SS

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 is much better when it comes to memory usage if you compare previous KIS .Only problem is many people inclusing me have faced BSOD's after installing it .So no more KIS for me till it is solved .😢

Actually my start up time increased by about 2 minutes with it.I
In that case get a raptor lol .

best thing is disable as many startup items as you can .

best thing is disable as many startup items as you can

Yeah I know but with same things with Eset and Kaspersky I get a difference of 2 mins. Wasnt the case with Kasperky 2007

even better get a velicoraptor! :evil:
well actually I'm thinking of getting it lol.

I already using raptor and I feel lower seek time make a difference .