Is BSNL Testing for Bandwidth Upgradation on ADSL Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter rocky007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 5,782

rocky007

Regular
ISP
dataone (BSNL)
There are lots of happening inside BSNL regarding bandwidth upgradation on wired broadband segment. Earlier we shared a story that BSNL is on its way to upgrade bandwidth as BSNL officials at Andra Pradesh asks for this to BSNL HQ. Currently BSNL enjoys a monopoly in broadband market mostly due to its widest coverage over the country. BSNL offers broadband along with basic telephony on copper lines using ADSL technology, though at places BSNL has deployed VDSL and Fiber optical lines to offer broadband services. In 2007 BSNL went a massive speed upgradation – basic plans got 2Mbps, a jump from much slower 256kbps. That enabled BSNL’s strong hold on broadband market but with the time other ISPs turned to be more favourable to subscribers on speed and tariff.

In Hyderabad Beam Telecom now offers FTTx plans with awesome plans actually with threat coming from Beam and other ISPs in coming days, BSNL is going its way to upgrade the bandwidth on some plans. BSNL officials at Andra Pradesh said that current unlimited plans like 750UL and 625ULCombo plans will see double speed very soon. There was no comment regarding bandwidth upgrade from 2Mbps on basic broadband plans.Though there is no official report about bandwidth upgradation from BSNL, many users at Hyderabad is experiencing double speed (~ 1 Mbps) on their 512 kbps unlimited plans.

But also same time some users did not find any speed upgrade, I guess BSNL is testing in selected exchanges and state-wise upgradation will be done soon. Last but not the least, deprived and frustrated BSNL broadband users in other circles may probably have to wait till March, 2012 till BSNL is to complete this country-wide upgradation.

If you are a BSNL Broadband user experiencing more speed than your allotted speed do let us know via comments via speedtest results.
Screenshot Shared By Panchmahalkar Prajwal (HYD)

source: tele com talk

Last edited by a moderator:
link not working bro, anyways i can only say we are all tired of waiting. waiting for BSNL to upgrade then Railtel, Hayai to come to our locality & the list goes on....

@rocky007 dont happy brother. there is a limit of 4gb of 1mbps after that u will get 512kbps.

are you sure bro ? :Boy Heart Borken:

@rocky007 i am not sure but one of my friend complain about it.its may be true or temp problem.dont know.

Urs hasnt been increased yet. I guess they are upgrading it exchange wise.

yh i hope....

btw congrats for double speed..

Bhai my speed is also slow till now. 🙁

sab logo ki broadband speed double ho rahi hai... mera number kab aayega? 🙁

Jignesh do a Speed test with Delhi Server and post the results.. Mumbai and chennai are rubbish.