Is BSNL ever going to provide 1 gigabit broadband?

ISP
BSNL
1 gig broadband is getting rather common in the West, and recently we saw Jio slyly rebrand from Gigafibre to Fibre.

Are we going to see gigabit speeds from BSNL anytime soon? Anyone heard rumblings from their local BSNL SDO/LCO?

they actully edited it from 256kbps to 100mbps to 256kbps to 1000mbps

What is the price and FUP of this TN plan?

Probably this one
TngY4Ma.jpg

That's a pretty good plan they have, in their sea of daily FUP plans. If they want, they can easily steal Jio's thunder, but they won't. Even Airtel could, but they're like an elephant which won't move until it's poked in the rear🙄

BSNL isn't getting Gigabit anytime soon. From what I have read, infrastructure for going from coaxial to fast Ethernet speeds aren't that expensive, but coaxial to Gigabit Ethernet is.

Bsnl has infrastructure, my 100 mbps plan shoots upto 500 mbps and then falls back to 100 mbps during speed test on GIgabit ethernet port and 5Ghz wifi

I dont think they will introduce 1gbps speed pan indian wise anytime soon since it requres the upgrading of their local switching centres and increasing its capacity which according to me is nearly impossible given the current financial conditon of BSNL

BSNL can't pay their own employees salaries on time let alone the local vendors in charge of FTTH. Mine hasn't been paid for 10 months apparently. No way they will invest in upgrading their backend to support 1 Gbps. So, I'm just grateful they are able to provide the speed as advertised and the service is running as of now. No Airtel or other ISPs in my area which really sucks.
Their daily FUP on FTTH is a load of rubbish. Only one plan in Bangalore Circle which is not on daily FUP. 150 Mbps upto 1.5 TB.