is BSNL blocking torrents speed ?

lightgreen49

Regular
ISP
MTNL
i have been downloading a massive file of around 28 GB and since few days i am experiencing very low speed of around 12 KBps on my 750UL+ plan . i check on internet and found bsnl in the list of bad isp in vuze list Bad ISPs - VuzeWiki where there is 2 level encryption recommmended .
i have set the encryption to forced in my utorrent and the speed jumped to 60KBPS. share your exp on this problem?

no such thing happens to my speed. my speed is usually around 56-60 kbps.i have some line problem and so the speed is a little less constant.

No way I am gonna believe this. Using BSNL for around 2+ years now. Tried speeds up to 2 Mbps. Always got the promised speed on torrents. Now on UL 750 and getting 60 + KBps always. It may be some issue with the tracker, try from another site and check. I use a few private trackers, but mostly download from open trackers. BSNL do not have time or will to implement such things. They will try to do as less work as possible.

BSNL do not have time or will to implement such things. They will try to do as less work as possible.

One of the few reasons that I've got BSNL 😛

BSNL do not have time or will to implement such things. They will try to do as less work as possible.

:lol:

awesome comment!

----------

OT:

what is the usual speed range other people get on 750 UL?

:lol:

awesome comment!

----------

OT:

what is the usual speed range other people get on 750 UL?

Around 60-70kbps

I don't buy this thread. I have been using BSNL BB since 2008. Never faced any issues with speed. Always got the promised speed on torrents and direct downloads whether I was in the 2 Mbps or in the current 256 Kbps plan. BSNL does not shape P2P traffic. Thats perhaps the best reason to choose BSNL.

Hello,I have the BSNL 8 GB + unlimited (Rs 900/- per month plan).My work involves multiple tab browsing and quite a good amount of downloading.I get speeds of around 18-21 KBps after exceeding the 8 GB limit. Is that ok? Or am I getting less? I have an ITI (4-ethernet) DNA-A211

Hello,

I have the BSNL 8 GB + unlimited (Rs 900/- per month plan).
My work involves multiple tab browsing and quite a good amount of downloading.

I get speeds of around 18-21 KBps after exceeding the 8 GB limit. Is that ok? Or am I getting less?
I have an ITI (4-ethernet) DNA-A211

Your speed gets reduced to 256kbps after 8gb. You should be getting around 25-30kBps

Hello,

I have the BSNL 8 GB + unlimited (Rs 900/- per month plan).
My work involves multiple tab browsing and quite a good amount of downloading.

I get speeds of around 18-21 KBps after exceeding the 8 GB limit. Is that ok? Or am I getting less?
I have an ITI (4-ethernet) DNA-A211

On which site ? Try any download from Microsoft and report the speed. Torrents speed may vary according to the seed to peer ratio and many other factors, so that won't give a real idea. 256 Kbps = 32 KBps, anything around 25 KBps is good.

No way I am gonna believe this. Using BSNL for around 2+ years now. Tried speeds up to 2 Mbps. Always got the promised speed on torrents. Now on UL 750 and getting 60 + KBps always. It may be some issue with the tracker, try from another site and check. I use a few private trackers, but mostly download from open trackers.

You will only get a speed of 2Mbps upto the download limit of 8GB according to your UL plan. Anything beyond that and the speed comes down to 256Kbps which means a download speed of +- 32Kbps.

Cheers!

BSNL BB uses a Contention ratio of 1:8...your speed is 256kbps after FUP....so it should be 256kbps divided by 8,which is equal to 32kbps....so you should be getting around 32kbps... 🙂