Is bsnl "Best hai mere liye" ?

ISP
Connect Broadband / bee ash en L Broadband
Hey People,
I am from Punjab, Amritsar region. I am currently using Connect broadband (Quadrant televentures ), Plan is Zooom 777 FUP. "512KBPS upto 10GB,256kbps after that" thing. So far Connect broadband connection has been quite stable for me, ping is not so good(its bsnl in this department ,just little better) and i always get 100% speed. I have been using it for past 7years now but i think its time to give up now since they are charging too much for their offers.
I am considering BSNL 750/800UL plan now, just for few extra bucks i can have myself a " Double speed " connection as i call it. I download about 60-70GB a month (ofcourse with that crappy 256kbps after 10GB). I heard that people gets 1mbps throughout the month if they don't shutoff their modems with bsnl? if thats true, then it gonna rock.
If someone lives in Punjab specially Amritsar-tarn taran circle please shed some light here-in. Wanna know performance of BSNl BB. I also want to know what is the ip-range BSNL use for Punjab customers.

Thanks!

#Oh, btw i forget to mention something about Connect Broadband. This company has plethora of broadband plans! Something like 150+, all of them s*cks ! Best plan IMO is 2222FUP where they offer 2mbps upto 150GB and 512kbps after that but considering the india's economy they are charging excessive amount. A bad thing about them! They automatically change plans without customer's acknowledge. for ex. In my case i went from 697FUP to 777FUP.
Previously 597FUP to 627FUP and 444UL to 497night ( These numbers are monthly rental. like 444RS+12.36tax) R.I.P Connect!

Its 512k after the fup limit, in UL750

Nope, if you do not shut down your modem you won't get 1 Mbps post FUP speed. That are some lucky guys due to lucky mistake at BSNL. I am using same plan and my plan dips to 512 Kbps after 6 GB.

meetdilip said:
Nope, if you do not shut down your modem you won't get 1 Mbps post FUP speed. That are some lucky guys due to lucky mistake at BSNL. I am using same plan and my plan dips to 512 Kbps after 6 GB.
Oh crap !Is there any work around ?anyway, 512kbps is way better than 256kbps.Hopefully I shall receive steady speed as I used to with connect.

No work around as far as I know. Ask your neighbours about line quality and service before switching.

meetdilip said:
No work around as far as I know. Ask your neighbours about line quality and service before switching.
Okay, i am not going to disconnect immediately after switching. Have to "wait & watch" about performance of bsnl in my area.
Btw do they provide free modem ? I forget to ask them, i remember they said "We have shortage of modems at the moment" few weeks back to me.
Thanks for the help !

Nope, BSNL do not provide modems from a year or so. You may get old modem if you have good connection. But believe me, not worth it.

meetdilip said:
Nope, BSNL do not provide modems from a year or so. You may get old modem if you have good connection. But believe me, not worth it.
Hmmm, I think they will provide me free modem, it doesn't matter its old or new at-last i am gonna bridge it into my Netgear.