Is anyone again facing high ping on Kolkata server and very very very slow download speed ?

• Thread starter Thread starter atif_imam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3,565
ISP
Railwire, Airtel Xstream, Protoact Digital Networks
Suddenly my ping to kolkata server went to 70 ms and speed went down to 2-3 mbps from 50mbps . What kind of service this shitty railwire provides .

When i first got the connection i was getting 9ms on kolkata server then it wen to 15 ms . Now it fixed at 17 ms . I dont know what the heck is wrong with railwire . I am so frustatated with their service. But can't even do anything since i dont have any other option . -_-

To be very honest, BSNL broadband speed, stability and service is far far better than RailTel these days. I am on a 60 Mbps plan from BSNL but get 70 Mbps on a regular basis on both download and upload in Speedtest. But RailWire is so shit from few months. They never give the speed for the plan we subscribe to and top of that their PING remains higher than BSNL always. Worst service provider RAILWIRE is.

@shubash nagre Actually now a days Railtel speed and ping are very good though. After my Gateway changes from Kolkata to Hyderabad that ping are excellent.

I have 50mbps plan

Example:
Pinging 1.1.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=46
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=46

Ping statistics for 1.1.1.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 28ms, Average = 27ms

C:\Users\sidha>ping 9.9.9.9

Pinging 9.9.9.9 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 9.9.9.9: bytes=32 time=59ms TTL=48
Reply from 9.9.9.9: bytes=32 time=60ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 9.9.9.9:
Minimum = 59ms, Maximum = 60ms, Average = 59ms

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=110
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=110

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Minimum = 26ms, Maximum = 27ms, Average = 26ms

The Hyderabad gateaway is just better overall (Considering both the Gateaways are in best shape while comparing), except for the speedtest pings to the nearest RailTel Server, 6ms in best case scenario to Kolkata, compared to 14ms to Hyderabad (The Best I have seen so far from both the gateaways), Hyderabad also has Moderate NAT which is better for gamers as a whole and a considerably less ping to Singapore, Chennai and Mumbai.
And the peering works pretty well too, Google services works flawlessly even when we get 2 - 4 mbps in speedtest and pings are sky high. Same with steam for double speed.

Yep, but I didn't say I needed or expected anything better from it. If anything, even with 14ms to the Hyderabad gateway , Local and International pings are just better while the routing is through Hyderabad.

Trust me BSNL is much much better compared to RailWire these days. I have BSNL 60 Mbps Unlimited Plan and it gives more than 65 Mbps as down speed and 75 Mbps as Up speed and its very stable these days. There was no downtime from past 2 months whereas RailWire has become good to worse these days. Its like the age old BSNL was before. Top of that speed is not what we are subscribing to. I have attended the meetings of all LCOs that was organised yesterday by RailTel in BBSR and none of the LCOs opened their mouth about the issue but I have pinpointed the same. To their surprise they were nt aware about this but assured me about getting this fixed in the months to come. The thing is they are shortage of the bandwidth and their infrastructure is not up to date yet but they took a note of this and will take sometime may be more than months to get this fixed. So hope for the best...

You are doing God's work bro. I for one I'm tired of how bad their network engineering decisons are. I got outrages or slowdowns every single day this month. Our local fiber provider is better than them lol unfortunately out they are not available where I live. I plan to switch soon as something else arrives. I asked BSNL they asked me for ₹ 30,000 lol for laying fibre to my home. LMAO this is why BSNL is dying. Atleast the Railwire LCO guys are amazing,

I have not faced a single issue with Railwire Fiber since i took the connection (4 months back). The connection has been stable and the speeds too. I have a 30 Mbps plan and my Speedtest results are always 29-30 Mbps(Download & Upload). Pings do vary but the speeds are constant always and i rarely face any downtime.

Hahaha I've got a 100 mbps connection and this is what I get. And this is on their own server. It's probably worse on others. As you can see from my upload speed, the LCO connections are okay but they don't have enough bandwidth.

DhUfMwf.jpg