Is airtel provinding internet in dth and is it restricted?

• Thread starter Thread starter dishtvdth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 7,235
wow..worth trying.. 😗

I dont think its real internet, just that you will be able to see some widgets and will be able to browse airtel website. Thats all.

I dont think its real internet, just that you will be able to see some widgets and will be able to browse airtel website. Thats all.
i called cc they said soon u can browse any website
youtube also:dance:

^^ Their website says otherwise... Can you really trust the CC?

well even if it is real & proper internet that airtel is providing, one should not be too excited abt it coz1) Satellite internet is much more expensive than ADSL2) Return path is a problem (read Upload) with Dial up (and GPRS to some extent) being used traditionally to provide the uplink. Though now satellite providers are providing LNB that can send data back from the users computer to the satellite..but again these systems are even more expensive..viable only if u live in a remote area where no other form of internet access is available.3) latency is major problem in satellite internet with gamers and ppl using the net for Voip being worst hit...(coz the signal has to travel 36000kmx2 in case a geo-stationary satellite)

Great feature.Although it would be not as real internet but some data AIRTEL will encode & transmit (like AIRTEL LIVE WAP on mobile). It can be news, stock rates, cricket scores, weather updates provided by 3rd party partners.

It ll be great if they provide torrent software and allow to transfer the downloaded files to computer or watch directly 😀

It ll be great if they provide torrent software and allow to transfer the downloaded files to computer or watch directly 😀

Idhu Peraasai brother :rofl:

i want to know that is aritel providing only selected features of the internet cuz if true then it the first step to make internet like cable tv and it goes agasint net neutrality.

if they blcok some internet features like torrent then it goes agasint net neutrality.I need confirmmation that are all protocols available in the i net.this is serious.it is the first step to make internet like cable tv

eg

If it going to be 30 $ just for 60 websites, then its hell of costly. I m happy with adsl.Anyways, good try by airtel. It will need more revolution and research to be actually used up by the subscribers.:cool2: