irregular failure in webpage opening

• Thread starter Thread starter arnab_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 5,840
Is this problem now solved in Kolkata ? The reason I'm asking is that I'm facing very similar problems (to arnab_g) in Shiliguri for the past week or so. More specifically, Many sites load erratically (i.e. load sometimes, and fail at others), or fail to load at all (timed out). e.g. Yahoo mail seldom loads these days, or takes too long if it at all works. Long downlods fail because the stream stops altogether during download. BSNL CC is no help ("wait for a day or two, and see if it improves", which it never does). I don't think it is my system, since it was working fine on 15/1/09. Then the broadband connection was totally dead for a couple of days. I'm facing this problem since it came back up. Also, so many others are facing very similar issues. Don't know when, or if at all, it will get resolved!

The problem remains same and getting worse!! CC not helping at all. If this will continue for 1 more week ... I will disconnect BSNL and go to consumer court. If anyone from Kolkata wants to join me, WELCOME

hi ,
i am arijit mitra . i am having same problem exactly as reported by you . i am on 500 C plan too . i am at my wits end because those idiots at Jadavpur Exchange ( i am in 2422 exchange ) will not understand it .
there is no pattern to the irregular opening .
however if you are using a page with lot of Ajax script / Flash based games which need updating every few seconds it will show server out ( check out InstantChess.com - Play Chess Online (Cup of coffee compatible) take any user name like xyz [ it does not matter ] and log into a game for few minutes ) . my work requires me to use a Ajax site in my company and i am going nuts .
if you have any plan of action you can call me . i will share any resources about this problem here .
please refer to answer # 32 by me for solution to this problem

well...the problem is exactly same here...the point is that the bsnl tech guys knows almost nothing. I heard that there are some serious server upgradation sector wise. this may introduce a 8.1 mbps 500c plan and 2.1 mbps 750 plan. it may be a rumour but it is true that the problem is from bsnl. my suggestion is don't disconnect but sue the customer care of Kolkata bsnl. I am with you. they even do not know how to behave !😡

The problem list is huge - 1) Sites are not opening2) Speed slow3) Download suddenly stopping and starting again4) Disconnecting regularly5) Showing error 678 & 718 and BB not connecting6) link going down with disconnecting................ I am fed up and don't know what to do! Today complained to Area Manager and tomorrow will email every BSNL biggies. You all are welcome in this new freedom movement 😱:huh::madness:

Problem still Persisting .. I last heard that parts of Salt Lake, Kolkata, are experiencing 'No Connection' at all .. :wall: 😡

The fact which is agitating is that the BSNL authorities. Technical problem may arise any time. We cannot blame people for that. But the authorities should be much more aware of that. They behave like :O ! The customer care staffs are more disgusting. They must be sued.

I am unable to connect, i.e. the PPP link fails to establish. Timeout waiting for packets. Is this what you're seeing as well? I am using linux, and the logs are easily obtainable using the plog command.

Lolz guys after i posted that my net is working more or less fine my net again started gvng prob frm next day and broadbandforum.co was not opening only😡. 2de it has opened and the net is working again fine. But dont knw for how long:madness:. Does anyone knws how is airtel broadband in Kolkata??? thnkng of shifting to other BB providers.:huh:

dono about airtel but i heard reliance has good rapo in kolkata----------same problem is mirrod here for past 5-6 days ..slow opening / no opening/ link goes on-off :wall: