Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) News & Updates

^ hire staff to stand in Q ?
they have man from inside , i mean the staff from the booking center who helps these agents for some commission
i have booked tickets thru an agent from Mumbai CST , like a magic he can book confirmed tickets like magic without any compromise of class or name
all this can be done in a short notice of min 12 hours

now with all this restrictions on IRCTC , people are going to go to agents straight without any other choice

instead of this monthly quota they can bring in half yearly or Yearly quota of 100 Tickets per ID
they should come up with better ideas to restrict the agents

they cant just restrict users blindly !!

Online one create multiple emails IDs and multiple mobile numbers. I have heard they have programs where they prefill everything before tatkal begins and once tatkal booking starts program simply starts booking and paying via credit card.

Okay, while doing it online, how would the ticket be valid when they don't fill in the correct details of the passenger? Or, do they manage to fill in the correct details of the passenger?

They fill the correct details in advance. Nothing is fake.

Well, heres what the Railway Department do:
1. Increase cancellation fees to atleast 50%. This will reduce rampant sepculative buying.
2. Remove the concept of Tatkal. Instead have increased priced tickets once a certain percentage of tickets have been sold out.

What 50%... its crazy idea. Again common man will lose money.

IRCTC Launches World’s Cheapest Travel Insurance At Just 1 Paisa For Rs. 10 Lakh Cover!

Indian Railways has decided to provide travel insurance of Rs 10 lakh, only for 1 paisa for all passengers.

This special offer is valid only for etickets booked between October 7 and October 31, 2016.

Once a passenger opts for this special insurance for 1 paisa, then the following would be provided under the scheme:
  • Rs 10 lakh compensation in case of death or total disability for the passenger and family members
  • Rs 7.5 lakh compensation in case of partial disability
  • Upto Rs 2 lakh for covering hospital expenses
  • Rs 10,000 for carrying mortal remains in the event of death during a train accident; or for treatment of injury or towards any ‘untoward incident’ (which includes terrorist attacks, robbery, shoot out, arson, short termination of the journey, diverted route and Vikalp routes)

Note:
Children below 5 years of age and Foreigners are not eligible. Waitlisted tickets are also not eligible for it. The service was launched on September 1 with a price of 92 paise which has now been dropped. Insurance valid only on etickets. Once Aadhar system is launched, offline tickets would also be able to avail it.

After ‘92 paise’ scheme, IRCTC may launch insurance for gadgets, laptops

Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is planning to launch an insurance scheme for passenger’s gadgets such as phones and laptops. The scheme may cover both thefts and accidents.

“There are some concerns that insurance companies have about false claims. We have shared a few ideas with them and also asked for their suggestions. Offering this policy to credit card holders or government officials in the initial stage is one of the ideas we have floated to mitigate cases of false claims,” managing director A K Manocha said.

“I am trying hard to push companies to give insurance cover in instances of theft as well. So far, they have expressed their willingness to offer it only in cases of mishaps,” he added.

I have two IRCTC accounts with two different numbers since they limit only 10 transactions per account.

My dad and I regularly have to make trips to his homwtown to see my grandma as well as to look after our property there.

Today I logged in and both my accounts are suspended. What might be the reason?

Not really, there's a certain time threshold. If you book a ticket in time less than that, your account will be banned. Usually, you'll be presented with a captcha once you return after payment from gateway. That is how you know your account will be banned in coming 2-3 days.