Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) News & Updates

Well, I did get that capcha thing couple of time before I typed in VISA/MASTERCARD password at "Verified by Visa" page. I type my password fast because Im pretty used to it. That might be the reason?

fuck this site! It actively tries to stop customers from booking tickets! Only 10 transactions per month, high refund charges, no ewallet for tatkal booking, no transparency no reason for blocking accounts! Passengers bhaad mein jaayen lekin we'll be happy with our cushy jobs

Captcha before VBV/Secure Code page is normal. Captcha just before booking confirmation page is what leads to ban.

Agents actively try to game the system to their advantage, can't entirely blame IRCTC for pursuing policies that discouraging to users.

My account was banned long back too for booking ticket fast. And customer care person was so rude (I was polite) and he even threatened me criminal action. He didnt even bother to check that I am booking ticket for my own self and not selling tickets with other names.

The problem is that if I dont book fast (i.e. within 5mins) then someone else (Read: agent) will book ticket before I do and I will get wait list.

And if I book fast then IRCTC will ban me!

Overall honest people suffer.

NONSENSE!!

It is so easy to BLOCK agents but they do not want to do that.

Simply allow ONLY "six predefined passengers" as passenger names which can be changed only once a month.

You can book unlimited tickets for "six predefined passengers"

Put limit of maximum 3 tickets per month if ur ticket has one or more "non-predefined-passengers"

So maximum tickets that an agent can book is 3 or 4 per month per account.

But users like us can book as many tickets as we want for our family.

The customer service agent I encountered was pretty cool. He told me to register another account with a different mobile number.

I don't have many numbers since two of my accounts are blocked. Now , I havr to buy a new phone and sim just for incompetence of IRCTC ?

I did try the chrome addon only ONCE, that too the ticket was not booked because of the captcha, but my account got blocked.

Tried to argue this with their email & twitter handle but these guys do not even listen. I asked them to atleast release the phone number, but no they do not want to understand. I also asked them why do they not publish on their website as what things would lead to a ban, but no answer.

you should thank them for not banning on bank ac, card basis lol

A lot of users who use special software rarely get banned by looking at their transactions one could easily spot the 'fraud'

Those software can finish the whole booking process in less than 1 min

Uj0OdN4.png

Get train tickets at your doorstep, pay on delivery

The customer will have to do a one-time registration for availing PoD as a payment option. He or she will have to tender either Aadhaar or PAN card to avail this payment option.

PoD charges shall be Rs 90 plus sales tax for transactions up to Rs 5,000 and Rs 120 plus tax for transactions over Rs 5,000.

In case of refusal or cancellation before delivery, the customer will be liable to pay the cancellation and delivery charges.

IRCTC is going backwards. They just discontinued online season ticket bookings for First Class w.e.f. 1st July 2017. I have been getting Quarterly Season Tickets online since years (2013 to be exact) and now it is not available :-/

YKzLtth.png