IPV6 Transition

• Thread starter Thread starter Satya97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,704
ISP
FTTH - BSNL ,Alliance, Siti
LTE - Jio ,Airtel
Just found out ,now I am getting native IPv6 on BSNL FTTH. Last date for transition was 31st Dec.

S7jmYwM.jpg
5VVq833.jpg

eAI1IvA.jpg
8zje7OU.jpg

Can anybody else confirm ?

Last edited:
What is your circle?

@Satya97 I have been using IPv6 since last year irregularly. Irregularly because the ONT for some reason stops responding to IPv6 responses and the LAN gateway goes blank. After getting an RPi4 and bridging, I have been using IPv6 almost flawlessly but since the past few days there is a weird issue like IPv6 stops working either on my side or BSNL side.

For anyone that wants to configure IPv6 on their device FTTH Facilitation Center.

@sloj I am unsure about the exact date ,i started getting IPv6 ,but i am remember trying to setup ipv6 few months back and it was not fetching any addresses. Can't comment on stability ,have to try to few days.

Sad thing about IPV6 is still many websites doesn't support it. Have to still use in IPv4/v6 Fallback config.

And for some reason my ip geolocation for v6 is mumbai while for v4 is bhubaneswar.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess they were doing it in stages. Some got earlier and some got it later. Try a continuous use for an hour or more and see if requests still go through IPv6 first. If pages start to crawl, it will mean that something went wrong and now the browser has problems switching to IPv4. Use Firefox for tests or anything other than chromium based.