IPV6 not connect when installed 2nd router for extend Network

• Thread starter Thread starter tarun_1942
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,753
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
Hello Guys

I am facing an issue with ipv6 not showing connect on 2nd router attached with Airtel fiber modem/router.

When I connect to the Main router (Airtel fiber). IPTV6 show connected on IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test website.

But when I connected with 2nd router (TP-Link Archer A9) it shows only ipv4 connect. I have already enabled ipv6 option on tplink router and set it to auto dynamic but found that router not get ipv6 ip's from main(Airtel) router. I have already tried by connect set static ip but nothing happen.

Can anybody help me how to connect ipv6 on additiin router connect with airtel fiber modem/router.

Enable Router Advertisement (RA) on main router. I hope second router is new enough to support IPv6.

Thanks for the reply. But sir there is a no any option of Router Advertisement (RA) on main router. Is there any alternate solution for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was facing this same issue in my TP-Link Deco M4 router. I changed ipv6 to Bridge Mode method of connecting in TP Link app now devices are able to get ipv6 address. My IPV4 addresses are still behind double NAT.