IPv6 addresses no longer being assigned by I-ON?

• Thread starter Thread starter bloctopus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,588
ISP
I-ON
Over the past couple of months, none of the devices on my network—including the router—are getting assigned IPv6 addresses. I called up their customer care today and was told by one of their engineers that I-ON has never provided IPv6 addresses on their network, which is total BS. I had a couple of their technicians come over as well, but all they could do was reset my router. They called up one of their engineers again, and once again they told me that I-ON has never provided IPv6 addresses. I-ON had been providing public IPv6 addresses to every single device on my network until a couple of months ago. Is anyone else facing this issue on their network as well? I haven't messed around with any of my router's IPv6 settings, it's a TP-Link Archer C7 and the IPv6 connection is setup over PPPoE with same user credentials as IPv4 connection. All other settings set to default. I'm from Navi Mumbai btw, if that's relevant. Would really appreciate someone else checking on this, thanks.

i am getting IPV6 for all devices, get hold of technician at HO(vashi) to resolve issue

I've tried using those settings, except for RADVD which I don't have on my router, and it doesn't work for me. ION closed my complaint after their technicians factory reset my router and then told me they never provided IPv6.

sure that works for me, i had one question is ION GPON compatible with TP-Link. has anyone tried TP Link ONT with ION and if compatible should i move to that device as my range will come down or i will use my current as access point then it will be tripple nat on IPV4 and not sure for IPV6

AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit VoIP GPON Router

i am facing strange issue wherein i am not able to reach Jio on IPV6 network, is anyone else facing same issue. jio.com, jiocinema and Jio Tv not accessible in ION network at least for me.