• Views Views 14,866
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmadhan

Regular
ISP
BSNL FTTH and Airtel Xtreme
Hi,

I'm planning to get a Pinnacle TV Tuner (external USB) for use along with IPTV. They are quoting about 6,200 + Tax (Aditya Infotech)

Anybody got any experience in general with this card ?

Thanks,
Madhan.

I too have a similar question. In fact I want to use the S-video output of set top box for a TV Tuner card. Any idea which would be the best TV tuner to go for?

Looks like there are much people using this option. Trying to dig out - will post, as I get more info. (For the moment have borrowed TV from a friend and using it). But then, with a TV Tuner, the possibilities open up.

Hi, Could some one please clarify how a tv tuner will work with IPTV ? I already have a Pinnacle PCTV USB 2 TV Tuner .However,IPTV is yet to be launched in my area . Further what is the difference between IPTV and CDMA EVDO transmissions ? Regards, Farmboy

Farmboy, well I dont know how it would be in your place. But the IPTV that I use provides only one kind of an output, the wire of which has 4 wire plugs - one is the S-video pin, the other three is the video, left and right audio pin (called composite i suppose like one in any VCD or DVD players)... So now I wonder if u can connect it as an USB option.

- Finally got a Pinnacle Ultimate Stick USB TV Tuner card.
- It has options to take S-Video or RCA input and works just fine.
- TV Tuner just captures the single channel output of the IPTV STB.
- Channel switch will continue to work with STB and its remote.

Hi,

Further what is the difference between IPTV and CDMA EVDO transmissions ?

Farmboy

- IPTV is over the broadband landline connection - speeds upto 6 Mbps, when enabled for IPTV.
- CDMA EVDO is over the WLL technology, theoritical max of 2.4 Mbps, but practically might expect upto 600 Kbps

Status
Not open for further replies.