• Thread starter Thread starter muttster`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,142

muttster`

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Triband + TATA night u/l
IPStar satellite is set to launch August 11CANBERRA, Australia - The Thai-owned IPStar satellite is set to launch Aug. 11 to bring broadband Internet and other telecom services to a vast swath of Asia and the Pacific Rim. IPStar, whose original launch date of July 7 was postponed due to technical difficulties, will provide a footprint covering an area including China, Australia, India and New Zealand once in orbit. The satellite operator has reached agreements with telecom firms in India, Australia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Laos and China to provide connection speeds of up to 4Mbps from the satellite and 2Mbps to the satellite. The unit, which will be the largest commercial telecom satellite in orbit, weighs 6.5 tons.Any info schemes they might have? I might go for them if they have a reasonable FAP(download limit)..Since its satellite Uploads n latency should be bad..but d/ls should be good..

wonder if it'll be cheap enuf for us to afford 🤔

ya it would definately cost a bombi know satelite broadband costs a ton have seen various rates for satelite broadband in australiaand u r going to need its equipment which will again cost a fortune

They will have to stay in competiotion with the other companies in India though, so I doubt a 256 unlimited would cost more than a 2000/month or so

i do not think they would even want to go after home users when the real money lies in corporate business. many companies rely heavily on net connectivity. sat would bring them the reliability which sify's VPN or airtel's dsl cannot bring them.

i heard tat would be for connecting the remote areas like remote villages in china,india and australia. nothing in it for the urban users. guess who uses wi-fi in indian villages?

Oh Please! You think they'll be giving away 256kbps connections to home users? I'm sure they'll be targetting MNC's who are suffering from poor data transfer speeds with their Parent companies abroad! And yes! the equipment is very Expensive! And I don think any plan would be as less as 2000/month!