Iphone will be Available on Which Network?

• Thread starter Thread starter rageaddict
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,033
I dont think so the cost would be less than 10k..its already 199$ in US..after they import to India..the import cost and other taxes would make it somewhere around 12k..

I dont think so the cost would be less than 10k..its already 199$ in US..after they import to India..the import cost and other taxes would make it somewhere around 12k..
Do you realise that in US its $199 + 2 year contract?. [post=206671]Earlier Sushubh posted about this too[/post]

i saw an Apple guy say that they were gonna try selling it for $199 around the world but it'll be available for 12+ thousand rupees atleast in india.frankly, iPhone isn't what im excited about... its 3G!!! and i think launching iphone will seriously kick start the 3g revolution in india and were already far behind on this.

umm. india already has a lot of 3G phones available in the market. the government has to take the initiative. and currently it is scheduled to launch sometime next year.but knowing how things work around here. it might take longer. anyways. the fun thing is that the mobile service providers in india do not even use the current technologies to the max. so 3G is not going to necessarily mean cheap wireless internet access. it is just probably going to result in absurd packages like 3G connection with 1/2/3/4/5 GB limit for 1000 bucks...

lol yeah your right. blame capitalism.anyways, im hoping airtel delivers it at a much cheaper rate considering there a bit more serious on the whole broadband penetration thing while with vodafone, its just making easy money.technically, wireless should be cheaper than the usual fiber-optics tradition but lets see what happens.im hoping that Apple iPhone sells at a cheap rate, say under 10000 and maybe a lot of people will buy it and put pressure on the govt. to release 3G. then from there on its on the providers on how they want to rate there packages.i hope they don't put the "mobility" thing on top of the cost reducing "wireless" thing and bank in on it. lot of hopes.