iPhone 7 stolen

Saksham_Jain

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
My iPhone 7 was stolen in Metro, and showed last 3 locations at unknown places. It was covered under GadgetCops insurance also. What can I do under these circumstances? I filed FIR too

first of all, login into your Apple account on pc/other apple device and turn on lost mode.

In lost mode, your phone will get locked and you can display a message on homescreen saying "if you return this phone, you get a reward or something"

Third, you can ask the cops to trace the device (this totally depends on your local police officer)

You can stay happy that your data will not be misused if you turn on lost mode. so do it asap

gadgetcops don't offer theft protection afaik. confirm with them

I have learnt my lesson now never to buy any expensive phones or gadgets. I belong to a middle class family and this was a huge loss to bear for me and my family. I asked my father to gift me this iPhone 7 on my birthday for showoff in college. But I didn't know that in a poor and poverty full country like India where 2 out of 5 people are thieves or hidden thieves, and you never know even your school or college friend can be a hidden thief. I went to one of my friend's house to show him my phone, and after that when I returned to my house I saw that the phone is not in my pocket. Who knows he only stole it as in didn't return it to me while me deboarding his house. Buy iPhones at your own risk, especially if it's the latest iPhone, even the insurance company who has written that they provide insurance against violent thefts have huge formalities which is not possible to fulfil as it requires a lot of documentation

If money is important try recovering with insurance. Do the necessary documentation. Since its a iPhone you can get a lot of money back and buy a cheap android phone for use. Smartphones are good to have devices, i hope you have not reverted to a feature phone. The documentation may seem tedious but give it a try.

I have learnt my lesson now never to buy any expensive phones or gadgets. I belong to a middle class family and this was a huge loss to bear for me and my family. I asked my father to gift me this iPhone 7 on my birthday for showoff in college. But I didn't know that in a poor and poverty full country like India where 2 out of 5 people are thieves or hidden thieves, and you never know even your school or college friend can be a hidden thief. I went to one of my friend's house to show him my phone, and after that when I returned to my house I saw that the phone is not in my pocket. Who knows he only stole it as in didn't return it to me while me deboarding his house. Buy iPhones at your own risk, especially if it's the latest iPhone, even the insurance company who has written that they provide insurance against violent thefts have huge formalities which is not possible to fulfil as it requires a lot of documentation
It happens. Things get lost. People get careless. It is a good idea to obtain all the documentation they ask and get your insurance money if possible.

You can go to police office, take a constable aside, explain your plight and offer him a small bribe.

I don't even know why I bought that phone for 60,000 Rs just for the sake of the Apple Brand Logo on the back side. Asphalt 8 took almost the same time to load as my Redmi Note 3. Over that there was no app lock in iPhone, there was some kind of app lock method but it was completely useless for me. I made a loss of 60,000 Rs for no reasons at all. Only interesting features I found was the front flash and DSL-R back camera which I have to say was awesome while it lasted, and yeah I could say "I have an iPhone 7". Except for that it was a complete money waste for me. I purchased the phone on 13th and it was stolen on the 16th of February. I filed a FIR with snatching theft on 23rd and now they're asking for SIM barrier letter, now from where do I get a SIM barrier letter from when my FIR was registered at a later date and my SIM was also re-issued at an earlier date? I wasn't even satisfied with the 60,000 Rs phone because it had no better features than my Redmi Note 3. I'm using my Redmi Note 3 for more than a year, and it was never stolen because thieves wouldn't be interested in my Redmi Note 3, but when they saw my iPhone, they left no chance to completely rob me off

Btw in iCloud, the phone showed 3 different locations after I turned Lost Mode on. After that day the phone was always switched off. I'm guessing the thief has sold off the spare parts in the black market? Please guys I need help. What should I do now?

Last edited:
There's little you can do besides waiting for whoever stole the phone to turn it on and connect to internet. And, you don't have to hate yourself for all this. People lose things all the time. Just be careful from now onwards.

How will he turn on my iPhone when he doesn't have the charger for it? And if it's sold in the black market, what are the possibilities that the black marketer can change the IMEI no. of my device + remove my activation lock?

there are other iPhone chargers which can be used to charge iphone.

If you have cloud locked the iphone, mostly it will be sold to mobile shops for small amount and the mobile repair guy harvests your iphone for parts like screen, touch ID sensor and so on.

there are other iPhone chargers which can be used to charge iphone.

If you have cloud locked the iphone, mostly it will be sold to mobile shops for small amount and the mobile repair guy harvests your iphone for parts like screen, touch ID sensor and so on.

So since my phone was stolen on 16th of Feb, the guy has probably sold my phone some place, and it will now never be recoverable. So only option I have left now is to seek the possibilities of claiming whatever amount I can get from the insurance company which seems unlikely to happen. People are really selfish and bad natured, they themselves use Moto phones and force others to buy iPhones, so they can get it remotely stolen by someone else. The world itself is full of corrupt minded people and hate

So since my phone was stolen on 16th of Feb, the guy has probably sold my phone some place, and it will now never be recoverable. So only option I have left now is to seek the possibilities of claiming whatever amount I can get from the insurance company which seems unlikely to happen. People are really selfish and bad natured, they themselves use Moto phones and force others to buy iPhones, so they can get it remotely stolen by someone else. The world itself is full of corrupt minded people and hate

Isn't this type of post more suited for social media ? Besides stuff get stolen/lost all the time. Just use this experience to make better decisions in the future. 60k - 70k for this lesson i say its worth it better than loosing maybe lakhs on something else like a car or in stocks.