I am using Vodafone 3G on my iPhone 4 with speeds of :-

Apple iPhone 4.
Vodafone 3G.
Location -- Rajkot (Gujarat)
Ping -- 190 ms.
Server -- Mumbai
Download -- 3.61 Mbps
Upload -- 0.56 Mbps

I have activated Vodafone 3G plan -- MI100 plan on my Iphone 4.

i can get connected to 3g and I also do get 3G at good speed.

But will that Mb usage be counted under Vodafone Mobile Connect section ? or under 3G section of my Post paid bill ???

Cuz right now none of the Vodafone Customer care people know about this thing when i contacted them.

They dont even know how to activate 3G on iPhone 4 and also how the amount will be charged ?? Thats funny.
And my unbilled amount has zoomed from Rs. 25 to Rs. 300 .. just after using 25Mb on 3G over iphone 4.

Any solution ??

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Also i am using 3G on iPhone 4 without any Hacks or Cracks like this :-

FIRST GET A 3G PLAN ACTIVATED ON YOUR DEVICE --- ANY PLAN WILL WORK.

Vodafone 3G and Airtel 3G is working on Apple iPhone 4.0 after doing the following changes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Menu --> Settings --> General --> Network --

Change the following settings :-
• Enable 3G – ON
• Cellular Data -- ON
• Data Roaming -- ON

ALSO

• WIFI - OFF
VPN - OFF
• Hotspot - OFF

Go back to -- > Setting -- > General
RESET -- > Reset network setting -- ( Do it a couple of times )

Switch Off then On your Iphone -- ( Do it a couple of times )

After changing the above mentioned setting 3G started Voila.

I had a chat with the Vodafone Customer Care at their Store .. And the Girl told me that Vodafone 3G is now active with iPhone 4, like any other normal device which has 3G compatibility and that there is also ; 2G Scheme for iPhone users i.e. Edge / GPRS :- Rs. 299/- for 5GB Rs. 599/- for Unlimited usage. and 3G scheme as per details given on the Website for 3G. Lets see how things go from here

If you are a prepaid customer, just use the normal 98 bucks 2 GB scheme, but it'll give you EDGE speeds. Since 3G rates are unfordable right now (unless you are willing to keep tabs on your usage) i'm staying with EDGE. Speeds aren't that bad.

Hi People ... plz help ..

I am using Vodafone 3G on my iPhone 4 with speeds of :-

Apple iPhone 4.
Vodafone 3G.
Location -- Rajkot (Gujarat)
Ping -- 190 ms.
Server -- Mumbai
Download -- 3.61 Mbps
Upload -- 0.56 Mbps

I have activated Vodafone 3G plan -- MI100 plan on my Iphone 4.

i can get connected to 3g and I also do get 3G at good speed.

But will that Mb usage be counted under Vodafone Mobile Connect section ? or under 3G section of my Post paid bill ???

Cuz right now none of the Vodafone Customer care people know about this thing when i contacted them.

They dont even know how to activate 3G on iPhone 4 and also how the amount will be charged ?? Thats funny.
And my unbilled amount has zoomed from Rs. 25 to Rs. 300 .. just after using 25Mb on 3G over iphone 4.

Any solution ??

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Also i am using 3G on iPhone 4 without any Hacks or Cracks like this :-

FIRST GET A 3G PLAN ACTIVATED ON YOUR DEVICE --- ANY PLAN WILL WORK.

Vodafone 3G and Airtel 3G is working on Apple iPhone 4.0 after doing the following changes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Menu --> Settings --> General --> Network --

Change the following settings :-
• Enable 3G – ON
• Cellular Data -- ON
• Data Roaming -- ON

ALSO

• WIFI - OFF
VPN - OFF
• Hotspot - OFF

Go back to -- > Setting -- > General
RESET -- > Reset network setting -- ( Do it a couple of times )

Switch Off then On your Iphone -- ( Do it a couple of times )

After changing the above mentioned setting 3G started Voila.

Dear devjadeja, what you have activated is 3G plan. On iPhone Vodafone 3G plan works fine and your balance is deducted from the data bundle that you purchased (100MB).
But if you go to 2G area where 3G signal is not available, your 3G plan will not work on iPhone. Vodafone forces you (only apple iPhone users) to purchase another plan for 2G (no other providers do such nonsense).
Other providers allow to use 2G network at 2G speed wherever there is no 3G coverage. Your 3G plan and data volume is deducted in such cases and there is no need to purchase 2 plans - one for 3G and another for 2G. So to be able to use 2G using same 3G plan you need hack on Vodafone so that 2G access uses same access point as 3G (3G APN is www).
To test this - you should turn off 3G on iPhone and see if you can access internet in 2G mode without purchasing separate 2G plan.

Dear devjadeja, what you have activated is 3G plan. On iPhone Vodafone 3G plan works fine and your balance is deducted from the data bundle that you purchased (100MB).*
But if you go to 2G area where 3G signal is not available, your 3G plan will not work on iPhone. Vodafone forces you (only Apple iPhone users) to purchase another plan for 2G (no other providers do such nonsense).
Other providers allow to use 2G network at 2G speed wherever there is no 3G coverage. Your 3G plan and data volume is deducted in such cases and there is no need to purchase 2 plans - one for 3G and another for 2G. So to be able to use 2G using same 3G plan you need hack on Vodafone so that 2G access uses same access point as 3G (3G APN is www).
To test this - you should turn off 3G on iPhone and see if you can access internet in 2G mode without purchasing separate 2G plan.
Seriously these guys (vodafone) are weired!!

I opted for the 3gb/Rs. 850 plan from vodafone (Mumbai Circle) and have received a bill with an additional charge under the heading "iPhone Internet usage" when my Internet usage was just near 1GB.

I called up the vodafone call center and they are clueless and are responding with excuses that since I did not do the 3G settings on my phone ..I have been charged extra?? WFT???

I told him that there was never a setting for 3G on iPhone 4 and it was confirmed by your vodafone store team. To which the person replies.."sir , you should have called vodafone care from there and checked" huh!! Talk about passing the buck!! Ridiculous !! Nonsense!!

After giving him a piece of my mind for giving stupid excuses - he*Subsequently put me on a long hold ..and then took a complain for billing issue.

If i were to go with your post Anil ( which looks likely to be the case) ...then Honestly this is criminal behavior...You can't charge a customer without informing him about two separate plans because your 3G doesn't work properly across the city. Importantly it's your *(vodafone) system Issue and customer can't be blamed!! You shouldn't have launched the service if you were not ready! You are going to loose customers this way.*

Absolutely Pissed!

Thank u friends .

I had called Vodafone Care 10 times and also E-mailed the query to the Nodal Head in Gujarat .. But No Reply. Ha ha

@anilkinikar -- Sir what u have said is 1000 % True .. and i know that . thats the basic reason i asked this question in this forum. Yes u will have to use 2 plans in order to get full coverage. But for me ..i am always in 3G area so thats fine.

Also I don't want to Hack the Device at all ... as there have been problems after u upgrade the iOS subsequently through iTunes .. so avoiding that part.
Is the Apple tool for APN Hack is working well or ezAPN is the option which is also tricky.

@Insight --- Thanks buddy ... Yes i have my reply after reading your post also. Thats the reason. U gave me a correct position on 3G.
My bill is around Rs. 360 now ... Usage is only 33 Mb download. And have stop using 3G as of now. Will start only after checking the Bill generated.
It is true that this is the way Vodafone is working .. better to look to Airtel or Aircel for 3G.

The Vodafone care personnel told me always and every time i called ... that your 3G plan is active and usage beyond 100 Mbs will be charged but i am not sure that will happen.
SO lets see the bill on 22nd June. I have told them that i have not subscribed to any of the iDATA plans of Vodafone yet they say the same thing

Also i feel the New 2G plans of Rs 599/- unlimited is a good option for iPhone 4.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Hi ... So now whats the Scene ... Have u paid or will u not ??

If was in your case .. i would say that my Data consumption is not beyond the usage levels and that i shall not pay for that "iPhone internet usage" et all . Whether there are settings or not and whether iDATA plan is active or not i shall not pay a bit as my data usage is available to be seen.

Also there are no 3G settings for iPhone 4 from Vodafone side .. Apple has them inbuilt that the Vodafone system cannot use ... funny

Latest update: Vodafone customer care was kind enough to call back, apologize and reverse the charge of approx INR 1000.00 which they charged me under iPhone internet usage.Per them "the system by default also activated the iPhone internet plan(apart from 850/3gb/3G plan) and since I did not request for that - they can't charge me for it and that I would be billed per the INR 850/3GB/3G plan; which I had opted for".You guys could check if this was the issue for getting charged extra. Guess I am going to continue with Vodafone for some more time!

Dev, I would strongly recommend http://www.unlockit.co.nz/ and get your apn fixed to "www" for Vodafone India. This is not an apn hack but a legal way of enforcing a mobile operator specific apn setting on iPhone / iPad.

Optionally, You could also use iPhone configuration tool and make your own apn setting - only if uncomfortable with downloading one off unlockit.co.nz.

This will ensure (i presume) that your data does not flows through the per kb/per paise basis. Check if this works for you.

Have done the changes at my end and data is working fine.

Hi Dear .. thanks for that Awesome news ... Great newsEven i confirmed from the Vodafone Nodal office that 3G usage is included in my bundle and it will be charged same.3G and Edge use the same APN .. but i have not changed nor have i registered my no. with iDATA thing of vadafone ... ! I hope using unlockit.co.nz will not make future iOS updates problematic naah ?? Anyways new iOS 5 is coming on Tuesday so will wait then .. Also the new Rs. 599/- Unlimited 2G browsing looks good to go with send me an e-mail of yours so i can contact u when needed .. I stay in (Gujrat)

hello all,can I just conclude this :I deactivate my iPhone data plan 2G and purchase a Vodafone 3g internet data pack (MI100) and configure my apn.So in this case 3g works when 3g is available otherwise it automatically switches to normal 2G using apn settings? This applies even if I am travelling out of Mumbai?Please confirm my understanding.